Bagster whopper or Kriega USCombo? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-05-2015, 4:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Bagster whopper or Kriega USCombo?

Hi all,

I have a 2003 954 and trying to decide what luggage solution to get to sit on the pillion seat.

I am leaning towards the Kriega UScombo40 but as I understand these are pretty much just dry bags that hook onto the fitting hooks that come with it? How easy is it to put the fitting hooks in under the seat of the 954 - preferably without drilling into any plastic? The other option would be the Bagster whopper - but as I may occasionally put a tent or something on top as well I figured the UScombo would be easier to do that.

Your thoughts are much appreciated!

Many thanks =)

Edit: I should also add that I may need to carry a small 11" laptop with me too - but i have a bagster tank cover and could probably get a bagster tank bag to do that

CBR 954 2003 Blue/Black
SV 650 SK8 2008 Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-05-2015, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 6

Re: Bagster whopper or Kriega USCombo?

Hi, I've been using the Kriega bags for years and always have a us10 on the back with spare visor and other stuff. Great bags, really robust and waterproof. I don't know about the newer versions but with mine you just lift the seat, lay the straps over the bike then close the seat and clip the bag on. Really stable even when they are full. I've used them for touring a few times in combination with a tank bag and they've been brilliant. Hope that helps.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-05-2015, 1:36 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconuT View Post
Hi, I've been using the Kriega bags for years and always have a us10 on the back with spare visor and other stuff. Great bags, really robust and waterproof. I don't know about the newer versions but with mine you just lift the seat, lay the straps over the bike then close the seat and clip the bag on. Really stable even when they are full. I've used them for touring a few times in combination with a tank bag and they've been brilliant. Hope that helps.
Hi thanks for that, really helpful. Do the straps have something for the bag to hook onto ? On the Kriega site it says locate 4 strong areas of the subframe and then tighten them: http://www.kriega.com/template/downl...t_A4_WEB-1.pdf

Does that look anything like what you have? Do they have pockets or anything or literally just one big dry bag compartment per sack?

Many thanks for your reply.

CBR 954 2003 Blue/Black
SV 650 SK8 2008 Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-06-2015, 2:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 6

Ah, that must be an updated version. With mine you lift the seat and run the straps across the bike then close the seat and clip the bag on then tighten the straps. You can do the same with the new version so you can either attach the straps to the subframe or do what I do and just loop them under the seat. There is also a zip up waterproof pocket that runs the length and width of the bag on the top. Here is a great video review on the bags.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Js7H0GJBdBA

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page