HJCFG-17 or Icon Alliance? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-17-2015, 1:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

HJCFG-17 or Icon Alliance?

Looking for a decent lid under 200, and these are both on sale locally, need some suggestions quickly.

I have an older Alliance (2011) and i got it too big, but just lived with it. Are the newer ones decent? My older one is kind ofloud, but i also consider that the size is an issue with that.

I plan on blue-toothing my phone on all my rides for music, etc. so noise is an important factor.

Both helmets got good reviews, but it seems that the noise level varies too much to tell, maybe it really is just a an individual issue...

Thanks.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-18-2015, 3:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

Re: HJCFG-17 or Icon Alliance?

Scorpion makes really good helmets great fit too. I have a older EXO-700 its been great, low noise and a good snug fit.

2001 929RR
1993 Kawasaki KLR 650
post #3 of 3 Old 10-18-2015, 7:36 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Re: HJCFG-17 or Icon Alliance?

both are pretty much in the same league as far as quality and fit. either are a decent choice. its been my experience that cheaper helmets tend to have more noise and a little more of a generic fit. my advice would be get to a dealership or shop where you can try them both on. coming from a lid thats too big will be a huge improvement in many areas including noise and neck/shoulder fatigue. nothing gives you upper shoulder pain like a long ride with a helmet thats too big. make sure ou get a tight fit. like it should give you fish lips. you should be able to grab the chin bar and not be able to move it around without also moving your head with it. keep in mind they will loosen up a bit as well.

"love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."-Hunter S. Thompson

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page