Nooooo!!!! My visor!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 01-26-2005, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via MSN to matt232
Nooooo!!!! My visor!!

A large scratch has appearing on my tinted visor and I've got no idea how it occurred other than it happened between arriving and leaving work on Monday.

Part of the scratch is directly in front of my left eye and is quite annoying, I'm starting to mentally flitter it out but it occasionally comes back into focus and annoys the hell out of me.

Does anyone know any tricks at repairing the scratch? A friend suggested toothpaste to me today but she thought the scratch was probably too big. Any other ideas before I try the toothpaste anyway?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-26-2005, 11:19 AM

Reputation Power: 15

Re: Nooooo!!!! My visor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt232
A large scratch has appearing on my tinted visor and I've got no idea how it occurred other than it happened between arriving and leaving work on Monday.

Part of the scratch is directly in front of my left eye and is quite annoying, I'm starting to mentally flitter it out but it occasionally comes back into focus and annoys the hell out of me.

Does anyone know any tricks at repairing the scratch? A friend suggested toothpaste to me today but she thought the scratch was probably too big. Any other ideas before I try the toothpaste anyway?
Mother's mag polish, on a soft, DAMP cotton cloth.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-26-2005, 11:26 AM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt232

Buy a shield, I know this sucks but a object in front of your eye is distracting and in my opinion a safety hazard

Must obey the sheep dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-26-2005, 11:28 AM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepofblue
Buy a shield, I know this sucks but a object in front of your eye is distracting and in my opinion a safety hazard

I just buy new ones when they get a scratch that obstructs my view. I just had to buy a new one for my Spec-1R Extreme this week, then one for my girlfriend Spec-1r yesterday.

Dano

Dan
post #5 of 7 Old 01-26-2005, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via MSN to matt232

The bloody thing is only a couple of months old and they aren't cheap enough to be buying one every couple of months, if I can help it I'd like to have a go at salvaging it but if not I guess I'll just have to go shopping.

Last edited by matt232; 01-26-2005 at 11:39 AM.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-26-2005, 1:12 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

the toothpaste idea works pretty good on cds with very tiny scratches but I'm gonna say if its really bothering you then its probably too big for toothpaste. I don't know if the toothpaste will have any affect on the tint. thats the only thing I'd worry about, it shoudl be a problem for the actual visor though.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-26-2005, 4:31 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Novus makes a 3 step polish and scratch remover for plastic. Riderwearhouse sells it.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page