Alpinestar SMX+ Boots - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-30-2003, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Alpinestar SMX+ Boots

I just received my second pair of SMX+ boots from Kneedraggers. I had hoped my old pair (old meaning 1.5 years old) would have lasted two years, but I really cannot complain. I purchased them in March of 2002 and wore them nearly everytime I rode my bike(s). That means, everyday I commuted, ran an errand, or went to a trackday, the SMX+ boots went on my feet. During some of these rides, the boots were worn the entire day and endured walking. They also experienced rain showers and winter temperatures. All in all, they have survived over 40,000 miles of riding since they were purchased last year. What caused me to purchase a new pair? Well, the zipper on the left boot has failed. I took it to a shoe repairman, but he said it was beyond repair. I did use the boot in that condition during my week long riding vacation last week, and they were still comfortable. During a moderate downpour, my feet even stayed dry. However, I decided that for maximum protection and comfort, a new pair was necessary. That said, I am very pleased with the SMX+ durability and comfort. A racing boot that survives touring abuse is worth the $233.95 paid at Kneedraggers.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-30-2003, 12:11 PM

I agree that alpinestars makes a quality product,my last 2 pairs of boots were great,I just hope my new oxtar's hold up as well.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-30-2003, 12:15 PM

You've ridden 40k miles in less than 2 years?!
How do you find the time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-30-2003, 12:19 PM

my alpinestars S-MX goretex have been worn for about 8000 miles, and the sole of the left boot is starting to come away. i'm not impressed, although the boots have worked well otherwise.

hopefully it won't take too long to get them repaired.

FWIW, Ride magazine in the UK did a boot test this month, tested about 50 pairs of boots, for abrasion and resistance to being holed by a blunt object, and the boot that came out on top was the Sidi Vertebrae 2.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page