Shoei X-11 and A* T-stunt air flow?? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-15-2005, 8:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Shoei X-11 and A* T-stunt air flow??

I went to the local Cycle Gear shop yesterday looking for a helmet. I presently own a Arai Corsair that has seen better days. I need a helmet ASAP. I tried the new corsair and it is so much better than my old arai which was made in 2000. Better material and fit and finish. Of course the price was outrageous - $630. The shop owner had me look at the new X-11 from Shoei. I was impressed. Much lighter than the Arai and fit was very similar to the Arai as well.

I will not ride the bike until I get a new helmet. I read the threads on "What brand of helmet do you own". Interesting reading. What concerned me about the Shoei was how many people commented on "hotspots" they were getting. I did not know if this was for the new X-11 or just the older style Shoei. I am buying a helmet TODAY!!!! Any opinions please on the new X-11. Please.....

Also anybody have the Alpinestars T-stunt airflow jacket? I really like the looks of it and it seems to give good airflow. The summer is upon us in Orlando and it is getting hotter each day. I do not have a summer jacket that provides good ventilation. Any opinions on this jacket would also be helpful.

Thanks.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-15-2005, 9:16 AM

Re: Shoei X-11 and A* T-stunt air flow??

I can't say enough about how much I love(d) my X-11. Light, comfortable, and fit my head perfectly. The ventilation in hot weather is second to none. Not the quietest helmet, but everything else about it was perfect.

It also did a great job of protecting my dome in my recent get-off.
post #3 of 11 Old 06-15-2005, 9:34 AM

Reputation Power: 25

Send a message via AIM to TGZ13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhip
I can't say enough about how much I love(d) my X-11. Light, comfortable, and fit my head perfectly. The ventilation in hot weather is second to none. Not the quietest helmet, but everything else about it was perfect.

It also did a great job of protecting my dome in my recent get-off.
+1

I loved my X-11 as well for the reasons whip mentioned above. Also crash tested and it held up perfect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 06-15-2005, 9:36 AM

Abosolutely nothing bad to say about my X-11. Had a quantum F Arai before, prefer the X-11.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-15-2005, 10:56 AM
CRU

Reputation Power: 19

Hey Colryn, have you tried the helmet shop in Daytona. It's only a 45 minute ride out there. They pricing is pretty good.

Confucius say, "Foolish man give wife piano. Wise man give wife upright organ."
post #6 of 11 Old 06-15-2005, 11:36 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via AIM to EDDIE110171

Colryn, try the Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket, it flows really good in the hot Florida weather. It's only a little different from just wearing a t-shirt once your moving. I am very happy with my Shoei is very comfortable, like Bwhip said its a little loud but I wear earplugs.

"another beautiful theory beaten to death by a gang of ruthless facts..."
- Tom Hanna (Master Metalshaper/Nitrogeezer)
post #7 of 11 Old 06-15-2005, 1:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRU
Hey Colryn, have you tried the helmet shop in Daytona. It's only a 45 minute ride out there. They pricing is pretty good.
I just called them and the one I want(Vermeulen 2) is on backorder. I am going to try and find someone who might have in in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie110171
Colryn, try the Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket, it flows really good in the hot Florida weather. It's only a little different from just wearing a t-shirt once your moving. I am very happy with my Shoei is very comfortable, like Bwhip said its a little loud but I wear earplugs.
I have seen those and it looks to me that it would shread out in a get off. The A*'s probally do not let as much air through but looks like it would hold up better that the JR jacket. My opinion. So who knows.
post #8 of 11 Old 06-15-2005, 2:29 PM

I have several x-11 and rf-1000 shoei helmets and have crash tested both styles. I have to say I am impressed with shoei ventilation and crash worthiness. If you have to get one today... no help here. But if you can wait 3 days you can get the race replica x-11 helmets from www.tonker.com shipped for $430.00.... yes that's $430.00. The price on the website isn't true, you have to call and tell them you want a better price. I buy all my helmets from them and always pay $430.00 including 3 day shipping. Not bad for a helmet with a MSRP of $659.99 and normal discount is around $594.99..

General Motors will be just fine as long as the Japenese don't ever learn how to build trucks.
post #9 of 11 Old 06-15-2005, 2:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to EDDIE110171

Quote:
Originally Posted by colryn
I have seen those and it looks to me that it would shread out in a get off. The A*'s probally do not let as much air through but looks like it would hold up better that the JR jacket. My opinion. So who knows.
The one I have is peferated leather in the main areas that would contact the ground (arms, shoulders, and back) the mesh area is only on the front and under the arms. But it cools great and has the leather for protection. I had the same worry as you about the mesh until I saw this one. The best of both worlds. IMHO.

"another beautiful theory beaten to death by a gang of ruthless facts..."
- Tom Hanna (Master Metalshaper/Nitrogeezer)
post #10 of 11 Old 06-16-2005, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Well, yesterday I placed an order with The Helmet Shop for an X11 and the A* jacket. They think the helmet will be in in two weeks but no guarantee. It seems that that helmet is extremely popular and everyone that I contacted is out and on backorder. Do I want a helmet that everyone will be wearing? Not really.

I am thinking about getting the plain black one. It is not to exciting but it is a good helmet. I am wondering if since it is all black would it be hotter than others. You know, black soaks up the sun more. That kinda thing. Anybody out there have an all black helmet care to share your opinions. A local dealer has one in stock. I do not want to wait two weeks or more to ride my bike.
post #11 of 11 Old 06-16-2005, 11:16 AM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by colryn
Well, yesterday I placed an order with The Helmet Shop for an X11 and the A* jacket. They think the helmet will be in in two weeks but no guarantee. It seems that that helmet is extremely popular and everyone that I contacted is out and on backorder. Do I want a helmet that everyone will be wearing? Not really.

I am thinking about getting the plain black one. It is not to exciting but it is a good helmet. I am wondering if since it is all black would it be hotter than others. You know, black soaks up the sun more. That kinda thing. Anybody out there have an all black helmet care to share your opinions. A local dealer has one in stock. I do not want to wait two weeks or more to ride my bike.
Get white or a light color. Yes black soaks up a LOT more heat.

Must obey the sheep dog

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page