A* GPU or AGV Trident? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 07-08-2005, 9:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

A* GPU or AGV Trident?

Hi all, I was hoping to get some opinions on what kind of suit to get. I want a 2 piece because of the versatility and easy on/off. I pretty much have it narrowed down to an A* GPU, or an AGV Trident. I have searched and found that many people like the A*, but have found little or no feedback on any AGV. I tried on an Alpinestars TZ1 in a 44 (Im about 5'11 ~175lbs with a bit of a beer gut ) and liked it, but it is out of the price range. Does anybody know if there is that much of a difference between these two? I would appreciate any help/comments as Im really new to this because I only wear more relaxed-fitting textiles on the street. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-09-2005, 4:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: A* GPU or AGV Trident?

I've recently brought an A* GPU 2 piece and I absolutlely love it.Best fitting suit I've ever worn.According to what I've read there is little difference between A* suits apart from externally.The only niggle is that the 2pc does'nt have a pocket for back armour whereas the 1pc does,but a separate back armour fixes that.
I've had teknic 1 & 2 pc suits and they weren't nearly as comfortable as the A*.
Going from textile the only thing is that A* are fitted for the riding position,but the 2pc is less aggresive fitting than the one pc.......75degree versus 90degree anatomical fit.
Try looking at newenough.com for fitting guides and reviews,I found them quite helpful.
Good luck with your shopping.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page