A&G leather knee sliders - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-22-2005, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

A&G leather knee sliders

I never thought I'd ever wear out a pair of sliders, but I managed to do it. I read the RRW slider article and chose the Asphalt and Gas leather ones. $40.00 at Kneedraggers. Bad choice.
I hate them.

It seriously feels like fred Flintstone has his feet out, trying to stop the bike! I have to consciously remember to use a very light "touch" with them, which may be better technique, but if there's a bump on the track it just about rips your leg off.

If there is someone who loves these things, I'll make you a deal.. If someone wants a nice, lightly scuffed set "for the street," PM me!

Otherwise, buyer beware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-22-2005, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: A&G leather knee sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRVFR
I never thought I'd ever wear out a pair of sliders, but I managed to do it. I read the RRW slider article and chose the Asphalt and Gas leather ones. $40.00 at Kneedraggers. Bad choice.
I hate them.

It seriously feels like fred Flintstone has his feet out, trying to stop the bike! I have to consciously remember to use a very light "touch" with them, which may be better technique, but if there's a bump on the track it just about rips your leg off.

If there is someone who loves these things, I'll make you a deal.. If someone wants a nice, lightly scuffed set "for the street," PM me!

Otherwise, buyer beware.
You just don't know what a good puck should feel like. I have used the A&Gs since the first batch they made and absolutely love them. I'll take em off your hands (are you coming to Trackoholics?).

They do have a bit of drag, but that's what I look for in terms of feel and they have never bounced like the plastic ones do (nearly broke my knee bouncing off a curbing with a set of Dianese pucks). It's chocolate and vanilla I guess . . .
post #3 of 9 Old 08-22-2005, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtech
You just don't know what a good puck should feel like. I have used the A&Gs since the first batch they made and absolutely love them. I'll take em off your hands (are you coming to Trackoholics?).

They do have a bit of drag, but that's what I look for in terms of feel and they have never bounced like the plastic ones do (nearly broke my knee bouncing off a curbing with a set of Dianese pucks). It's chocolate and vanilla I guess . . .

You just don't know what a good puck should feel like ---

That almost sounds like an old country song...

Yeah, I admit it, I must sound like the equivalent of a guitar player who likes solid state amps better because "they're louder". I shouldn't have implied they're not well made, and the reason that I tried them is because a lot of experienced riders use them, They're just so different than what I expected that it ends up being just another distraction I don't need..

I have a couple of PM's on them - if they're not spoken for soon, I'll see you on the 26th, we'll haggle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 08-22-2005, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtech
You just don't know what a good puck should feel like. I have used the A&Gs .
I agree, Jeff Lee (owner) is a really nice guy, he even made some cool sliders for my Daytonas---all good
post #5 of 9 Old 08-22-2005, 3:28 PM

I love them. I hate hard plastic stuff. The new Dainese are real soft plastic, nice feel, but you can wear them out in a day or 2.

A&G has the regular compound which I found a bit grippy, but liked, but they have some Super Endurance compound that is the best of both for me. Nice smooth feel, super long lasting.

post #6 of 9 Old 08-22-2005, 11:46 PM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 34

It's not "drag" it's "feel"
A&G leathers rock

why put off today what you can wake up late and forget to do tomorrow.

GPS Discussion Forums - Don't ask, know
post #7 of 9 Old 08-26-2005, 8:59 PM Thread Starter

OK, the A&G's have done to an appreciative new owner, and I had a much nicer experience with a set of plastic Klucky Pucks - mmmmmmmmmmm, smooth like buttah.. Looks like they'll wear well, too.

So everybody's happy now.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-27-2005, 6:29 PM

Ding! we have a winner
post #9 of 9 Old 08-28-2005, 3:29 PM

I like the Skull and smiley face sliders... they look cool P.S. How long does kneedraggers usually take to ship ground?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page