A* gp tech gloves - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 08-23-2005, 8:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

A* gp tech gloves

Anyone ride with these? I am looking at a new set because my trusty ones have worn through(after almost 5 years and 100,000kms )

I like the fit and quality of the A*'s I have and thought that I would give these new ones a go...any one ride with these? How are they holding up? any problems with break in? any problems with seams? How do you like them? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-23-2005, 9:45 AM

Re: A* gp tech gloves

I have them, they are awesome. I only have like 2 trackdays and maybe 500 miles on them but they are by far, the best gloves I've ever seen or had the pleasure of using.

If you like them and they fit well, I say do it, I doubt you'll regret it.
post #3 of 12 Old 08-23-2005, 9:52 AM

Reputation Power: 42

That's my next set of gloves...
Have been riding the A/S GP Plus for awhile now, and they have performed very well, so I am eager to try the Tech series...

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 08-23-2005, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

That is what I wear curently is the gp plus and I really like them...I will likely end up with a set of the tech series shortly
post #5 of 12 Old 08-23-2005, 10:09 AM

Same here...posted this before, but I tried the "Pro" series...and it would not fit comfortably even though it was similar to the "Plus". The little plastic knuckle things were not located in the proper spots to allow my hands to close comfortably...

Fwiw, my "Plus" held up well in my recent moment of idiocy...the palms show almost no abrasion, the carbon knuckles got ground through a bit though...

Personally, I think the plastic bits will hold up better than the carbon anyway...another reason I want to try the "Tech"....

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #6 of 12 Old 08-23-2005, 10:21 AM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Do Alpinestars seem small to people? I have a set of Tourmasters that are broke in to perfection.

EDIT: got force rebooted so here is the rest

I have a set of Alpinestar SP-1 gloves that feel a bit small and are not breaking in. But both are XLs

Must obey the sheep dog

Last edited by sheepofblue; 08-23-2005 at 10:29 AM.
post #7 of 12 Old 08-23-2005, 10:24 AM

I have really long fingers relative to my hand size, and A/Stars are one of the few gloves that fit me well. Have lusted for Helds for years...but none of them fit me without making my fingers go numbs...

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
post #8 of 12 Old 08-23-2005, 1:28 PM

I wear A* Tech Gloves. As Bake said, A* makes gloves with the fingers a bit longer. I myself have a little room in the finger tips, but not much. The Tech gloves are top notch in quality. Can't go wrong with them.
post #9 of 12 Old 08-23-2005, 1:30 PM

well I will say this about sizing... The guy I bought mine from had been used to wearing the GP-Plus glove and loved them. Stepped up to the GP Tech and hated them. Fit is a little different. I'd definitly recommend trying them on first if you can if you are in love with the fit of the GP Plus...
post #10 of 12 Old 08-23-2005, 3:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwilli3
well I will say this about sizing... The guy I bought mine from had been used to wearing the GP-Plus glove and loved them. Stepped up to the GP Tech and hated them. Fit is a little different. I'd definitly recommend trying them on first if you can if you are in love with the fit of the GP Plus...
Thanks for the heads up, if I could only find a store that stocks them now...I may just have to take my chances on fit. I think that the only reason my gloves fit so well is that I have had them forever(or at least close to it )
post #11 of 12 Old 08-23-2005, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern RR
Thanks for the heads up, if I could only find a store that stocks them now...I may just have to take my chances on fit. I think that the only reason my gloves fit so well is that I have had them forever(or at least close to it )
I had no luck finding a store that stocked the glove because it was a higher end glove. Hope you have better luck.
post #12 of 12 Old 08-29-2005, 3:39 PM

Unfortunatdely what products look like up close, like stitching, armor & such plus how they fit is the DOWNFALL of no shop to look at & try items out. Mind you with so many dealing through the 'net then one can see why shops do not carry good varities.

In honestly I would RATHER pick out the very item at a m/c shop & pay the bit extra for then I am 100% sure that I have gone over what I would be buying rather then the gamble of buying through the 'net.

True I did buy & probably bought most from newenough ONLY there is something above Cdn not giving giving info newenough needed on a plastic money card plus an excuse that things took to long to ship from the States to Cdn. I could care less about the time, but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

So now I am looking for a place I can buy from in the States, like a new Shoei will be one along with some good fabric riding trousers & before the hot season of '06 I would like to obtain a jacket that breathed better then my old JR. Also I have a liking for good good gloves & tend to have more then two pair as I ride around 4 or 5 days of the week when riding weather is here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page