Helmet info - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-12-2005, 2:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Helmet info

Ok I wear a Vega helmet and it is so-so. You guys riding with one know what I mean. I want to get a nicer helmet one that fits more comfortably. I know that Shoei makes a nice helmet but it has a heathly price tag. What do you recomend? Anyone try the new Scorpion helmets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-12-2005, 2:28 PM

Re: Helmet info

Here's a snapshot of what users wear: https://www.fireblades.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36871
post #3 of 6 Old 09-12-2005, 2:30 PM

Reputation Power: 50

How much is your head worth?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-12-2005, 2:37 PM
dB

Aside from some general brand quality info, it's nearly impossible to get a good recommendation for a helmet by asking around. So much about helmet quality has to do with fit, and you can only know how well a helmet fits by trying it on. I'd recommend going to every shop you can and trying on the different models. Also, do your homework regarding safety standards and make your choice accordingly.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-13-2005, 5:17 PM

I just bought a new Scorpion helmets (EXO 700 fury). I bought it because of its bang for the buck ratings that I have read up on. It has very high marks for safty and comfort. I have had the helmet now for 3 weeks, it feels pretty good, definitly has good air flow and it is imposible to fog it up. One draw back I think it is do to its great air flow, is that is a little noisier than my last 2 helmets (both HJC's).
post #6 of 6 Old 09-14-2005, 3:05 AM

I have an Arair RX-7 Corse-Air for warm weather and a Shoei X-11 for cooler/inclement weather. Both are Rep helmets...

But there's no reason not to buy the best level of helmet you can afford, but get a solid colour. If you want you can always get a custom spray job later when you can afford it... or heaven forbid... leave it plain.

I understand from a couple of articles that KBC builds a good quality helmet for a very reasonable price. .

The most important thing is to buy one that fits you shape of head... that means you gotta try them on first.

Cheers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page