joe rocket speedmaster back protector - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-08-2006, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

joe rocket speedmaster back protector

In the market for a back protector. since I have all J.R. gear, so I thought this would just go along. anyone try this one?? and for a suit, do you wear it with or without the foam pad all ready in the suit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-08-2006, 12:28 AM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue
Re: joe rocket speedmaster back protector

I got an Alpinestars that I put under my JR suit. For now I remove that foam pad but would leave it in when I am less 'wooly'. The Alpinestars (CE2) had better specs than the JR (CE)

Must obey the sheep dog
post #3 of 7 Old 05-08-2006, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepofblue
I got an Alpinestars that I put under my JR suit. For now I remove that foam pad but would leave it in when I am less 'wooly'. The Alpinestars (CE2) had better specs than the JR (CE)
No, the JR Speedmaster is the same as the T-pro Forcefield which is CE EN1621-2 Level 2 approved, though JR is stupidly not advertizing that fact. I have email confirmation that it is the same level 2-rated piece as the T-Pro. The Astars Tech(not Race) is CE approved, but only to Level 1 of that standard. It's confusing because the CE motorcylist limb impact protector standard is EN1621-1, and the motorcyclist back protector standard is EN1621-2, with two levels of passing. The JR/T-Pro is one of the best pieces available for specific motoryclist back protectors. In testing, it has shown passing those requirements at 6.5kN, the standard calls for 9kN(@50J) for level 2 approval, the Alpinestars Tech has been shown at 14.5kN, Level 1 allows up to a [email protected] average. So the JR transmits much less force to the body. However, both levels are compromised, as it only takes 4kN of force to break ribs and cause bruising, according to the medical evidence. The equestrian rider's standards properly use the 4kN mark for a passing minimum, and create levels of performance based more appropriately on the impact energy that a piece can manage down to those levels of force transmission. The BETA 2000 Level 3(purple label) standard uses 45J for those rated body protectors, which are likely some of the most protective riding vests available, due to the allowable force transmission and an extended coverage area which includes ribs, kidneys, clavicle, and chest areas. Those vests are realtively inexpensive too, may be worth a look, the Airowear and Tipperary Esprit vests are under $150 for that complete front and back coverage.

Last edited by license2ill; 05-08-2006 at 3:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-08-2006, 9:08 AM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Greeat info thanks license2ill

Must obey the sheep dog
post #5 of 7 Old 05-09-2006, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

wow...that was very informative and helpful. thanks a lot.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-09-2006, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

oh yeah, and is the suit liner really worth it, or will an under armor type shirt/short do the same thing?
post #7 of 7 Old 05-09-2006, 9:08 AM

Great post! I've been eyeing the T-Pro (to avoid the JR logo ) for a bit as a replacement for my Bohn, which is getting very tired. Heard the T-Pro was CEII, but can't find much on JR's site about it. Thanks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page