Anyone have this jacket? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-23-2006, 1:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Anyone have this jacket?

Tour Master advanced sport jacket,

http://www.tourmaster.com/product.html?sku=85-050

Any comments on overall quality and functionality. Looking to wear this jacket when the leather one won’t hold up against wind, rain and cold.

Look, lean, believe!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-23-2006, 1:46 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Re: Anyone have this jacket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2b954
Tour Master advanced sport jacket,

http://www.tourmaster.com/product.html?sku=85-050

Any comments on overall quality and functionality. Looking to wear this jacket when the leather one won’t hold up against wind, rain and cold.
I dont have that Jacket, but have Tour Master gloves and luggage and can attest to their quality.

I know you didn't ask for this, but have a Joe Rocket Ballistic 3.0 jacket for touring/commuting in foul weather and it is 100% waterproof and the company is top-notch to deal with. I had a problem with the first jacket they sold me and they shipped me a new one no-questions asked with a box and pre-paid postage to return the defective jacket. I told the sales rep I'd relay my satisfaction to other potential jacket buyers, so I am...

Teknic on the other hand...
post #3 of 6 Old 05-24-2006, 8:35 PM

Reputation Power: 0

I too can attest to the quality of their products. I have a set of gloves I bought from newenough.com that were crash tested. Did nothing to them but scratch the knuckle protectors. Good stuff for a good price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-25-2006, 12:54 AM

I have a TourMaster Cortech GX jacket that I've had for three years now. Outstanding product. Very comfortable, well designed, and nice that it's washable when the bug buildup gets heavy. Ventilation isn't great in summer, but I have a perforated leather one for that. With the liner in cooler months it keeps me very warm. Highly recommended.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-27-2006, 11:29 PM

Sorry but I would not hesitate to buy one if it was at a m/c shop. Length is to my liking & all the rest. I to have an old Ballistic JR jacket I have been wearing for past four years plus a JR "Tahoe" that was 1" longer then the JR jackets of when they were only 3/4 length so I forked out the $100.00 more, took 5 months to arrive & loaded with crazy zippers that make it sensless, along with hard to put on, while the removable liner blocks a rider from doing a poper shoulder-check.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-20-2006, 2:29 AM

I do not have that Specific Tour Master jacket, but I have used their Cortech Tank bag/tail pack/ saddle bags for years with absolutely no noticable sign of wear.

I have had several pairs of their gloves and have gone-off at speed with them and have no complains what so ever.

My latest love from them is my Infusion perf. leather jacket. It is a wonderful piece of kit.

You won't regret the purchase of Tour Master/Cortech products.

Cheers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page