Are Frank Thomas leather suits anygood? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-10-2006, 2:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Are Frank Thomas leather suits anygood?

I would like some input from someone who owns some.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-10-2006, 2:41 PM

Re: Are Frank Thomas leather suits anygood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onevcs
I would like some input from someone who owns some.
Thanks.
just bought a set of strike II 2 piece suit about a month ago. very comfortable. especially now that it's broken in some. my first set of leathers, but went to many stores to try on other brands. the workmanship seems to be very good.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-10-2006, 3:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by booracer
just bought a set of strike II 2 piece suit about a month ago. very comfortable. especially now that it's broken in some. my first set of leathers, but went to many stores to try on other brands. the workmanship seems to be very good.
Thanks for yout input. I'm thinking of getting a one piece myself but I havent decided which brand. The CG store is near my house and they say they'd repair if anything goes wrong so that's a big plus for me. Addionally I don't want to expend too much money since it's a track day thing, and I'm only going to use a few times a year...

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-10-2006, 3:09 PM
SPEED

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

-1 here for the Strike II 1-piece suit. Too binding when on the bike (hard to get my knees out), the velcro patches for the pucks aren't big enough to put the pucks where they will work best, no pucks are included even though they are shown in the picture (Cycle Gear), and some of the stitching has already started coming loose after one day.

<--- Makes me look almost as fat as rrwantr .

I liked my Hondaline (Believe it was made by Fieldsheer) brand suit better...... it was about the same catagory but lasted a long time.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-10-2006, 3:27 PM

they have teknic 1pc kangaroo leathers for $499 on ebay read it on another thread then went on ebay to check them out. my brother-in-law said they were great, but i couldn't find a store that carried locally to try them on.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-10-2006, 3:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the inputs.
I'm a bit affraid of buying the leathers from e-bay because of fitting issues. I had read that thread of Friday and thgouht about it but... just not ready to order those on the web.
Thanks for all the additional input.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page