New Helmet - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 08-21-2006, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

New Helmet

What do you guys think of ICON Halo Mainframe helmet.

I am not familiar with them at all. I tried one on and it fits my weird shaped skull quite nicely.

The KBC also fits nicely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 08-21-2006, 1:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to toronadoxp Send a message via MSN to toronadoxp Send a message via Yahoo to toronadoxp
Re: New Helmet

I've always believed in only Arai or Shoei depending on the head it goes on but those Icon Mainframes are built very nice. The only complaint i have with them is the padding quality feels like that of HJC. Other than that they are a good helmet.

Last edited by toronadoxp; 08-21-2006 at 2:23 PM.
post #3 of 40 Old 08-21-2006, 2:21 PM

Reputation Power: 20

dont know. I have always liked arai it is the best and safest helmet sold IMO..

If you like to talk **** be sure you have the ass to back it up !! If not SHUT THE FU*K UP !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 Old 08-21-2006, 8:00 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronadoxp View Post
I've always believed in only Arai or Shoei depending on the head it goes on but those Icon Mainframes are built very nice. The only complaint i have with them is the padding quality feels like that of HJC. Other than that they are a good helmet.

feels like that because it is that, HJC makes the Icons. cheap decent helmet, probably nothing special just like HJCs

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #5 of 40 Old 08-22-2006, 10:50 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Yup, made in the same factory as HJC. I've been using a Mainframe Halo for a couple of seasons now. Good helmet, everything works well and it's well made with good materials. I would imagine higher-end helmets are lighter, have a smaller outer shell, and perhaps lower noise levels. But I'm assuming that's true, because they're more expensive. Don't know from personal experience.

--- D
post #6 of 40 Old 08-22-2006, 9:11 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster929 View Post
I would imagine higher-end helmets ...........perhaps lower noise levels. But I'm assuming that's true, because they're more expensive.

--- D

my Suomy is freakin loud as hell and its a $500 helmet.
vents nicely though and is damn comfortable (softest lining I've felt in any helmet), extemely light and almost no wind buffeting.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #7 of 40 Old 08-23-2006, 11:15 PM

Reputation Power: 15

i got a kbc it is a little unconfortable for longer rides. My agv fits nice but is loud think im gonna try a Scorpian exo 700 next, prob order it in a week or so they got good reviews? for a sub 200 dollar helmet.
post #8 of 40 Old 08-26-2006, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskysoma01 View Post
What do you guys think of ICON Halo Mainframe helmet.

I am not familiar with them at all. I tried one on and it fits my weird shaped skull quite nicely.

The KBC also fits nicely.
Check out the Scorpians. Superior helmet at the same price point as the HJC's, ICON's, and KBC's.
post #9 of 40 Old 08-26-2006, 7:12 AM

I've been wearing Halo since 04. It's the most comfortable, quietest helmet I've worn and I crash tested one with much success.
post #10 of 40 Old 08-26-2006, 9:03 AM

for my two cents, I am going out this afternoon and picking up a Scorpion EXO700. I have been doing a bit of research over the past couple weeks about them as I am replacing an old Shoei Norick replica. Only ever worn Shoeis, as they fit my grape rather nicely. But I tried the Scorp on earlier this week and it was comfortably snug. Constructed well, really well for the price. I wasn't one to buy a helmet based on price, but some of the Shoeis and Arai lids are just getting way out of control and aren't any safer, just prettier to look at.
post #11 of 40 Old 08-26-2006, 1:47 PM
Yep...that would hurt ya!

Reputation Power: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
feels like that because it is that, HJC makes the Icons. cheap decent helmet, probably nothing special just like HJCs
Damn guys - I have put over $3,000 into my 954 since I have owned her. Now your capping on my HJC helmet? I need to start a donation drive to pay for all the **** I need to replace that is deemed unacceptable by the "in-crowd".

Ok...best helmet for the money??????? Which one and why??? I need another one.

"....and people in hell want ice water".
post #12 of 40 Old 08-26-2006, 5:41 PM

Tuffy-

If you want a do it all helmet - touring and sport - you can't go wrong with a Scorpian. I've done research also. Try one on and you won't be disappointed.

If you want a light weight race type helmet (read LOUD) but flows a lot of air, go Vemar.

sportbiketrackgear.com is now blowing them out at about $110.00. And yes, they are BLING! Forget about parts, though, and they are ECE not Snell. I bought one and am happy, and I don't think I'll need any fixit parts, they're pretty hardy.

Or you can wait for Arai's to drop - because of online sales. Kneedraggers has them up on the website. Not a lot of air, but very nice.

Bottom line, make sure they are comfortable and try them on. The vemar fits snug (the way I like it), but HJC's always fit me loose. The Scorpian was even more plush than the Vemar, but a little heavier FWIW.

You can check out some reviews at webbikeworld.com or helmetharbor.com.
post #13 of 40 Old 08-26-2006, 6:55 PM
Yep...that would hurt ya!

Reputation Power: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
Tuffy-

If you want a do it all helmet - touring and sport - you can't go wrong with a Scorpian. I've done research also. Try one on and you won't be disappointed.

If you want a light weight race type helmet (read LOUD) but flows a lot of air, go Vemar.

sportbiketrackgear.com is now blowing them out at about $110.00. And yes, they are BLING! Forget about parts, though, and they are ECE not Snell. I bought one and am happy, and I don't think I'll need any fixit parts, they're pretty hardy.

Or you can wait for Arai's to drop - because of online sales. Kneedraggers has them up on the website. Not a lot of air, but very nice.

Bottom line, make sure they are comfortable and try them on. The vemar fits snug (the way I like it), but HJC's always fit me loose. The Scorpian was even more plush than the Vemar, but a little heavier FWIW.

You can check out some reviews at webbikeworld.com or helmetharbor.com.
Thanks Scout - am looking into it right now.

"....and people in hell want ice water".
post #14 of 40 Old 08-27-2006, 10:44 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronadoxp View Post

I would have to agree with this rider your better off going with Arai or Shoei I like the Shoei but it's about what fit's your head better.....
post #15 of 40 Old 08-27-2006, 10:53 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via MSN to Repeater

i tried on a scorpion just for kicks when i was helmet shopping and havn't turned back. i was one of the "how much is your head worth crowd" . i spent 200 on the exo 700 and 149 on a exo 400 (spare in case a crash at the track), and like them both.

I had an arai that i returned a week before that was the closest fit to my head. it cost 550 and still didn't have a fully removable liner! it was lighter and did flow more air though.

I hope with greater sales the scorpions will get lighter.

Aliens general, everything about them is alien!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page