Suomy Spec-1R - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-17-2003, 8:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Suomy Spec-1R

I picked up my new helmet from my dealer on Monday after work. *The guy gave me a good deal on it. *Including another shield for $450. *Bad thing is I had to pay taxes, but I also didn't have to wait for it. *The riding season is quickly drawing to a close here. *

Bostrom Replica

I am really happy w/ this helmet so far. *It is super light! *Especially compared to my HJC, which felt like it weighed about 10 lbs. *The Suomy breaths really well. *There is a breeze on the top of my head and face all the time. *Head checks are really easy. *My old helmet used to hit my jacket, and the Suomy does not. *The clear visor is extremely clear. *I have been really impressed w/ that of all things. *

I am a little disapointed w/ the way the stickers are applied to the covers that cover the sides of the visor. *Looks like they could peal off pretty easily and are actually folded over on the edges where the curve of the surface is extreme. *Not bad, but noticible if you are looking for it. *

I also, wish it was easier to chage the visor. *You need a tool to release the covers, and they are not easy to get back on. *Actually, I probably just haven't learned how to do it yet. *

As far as fit goes, it is a little snug w/ a couple of pressure points, but I think it will break in and be great. *After a 1/2 hour ride last night I could already feel it getting better.

In all I'm really excited about it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-17-2003, 11:23 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Damn man! $450 bucks for an extra shield? That's insane Just messin' with ya! Nice lid. Sad but true about the season nearly being over.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-17-2003, 1:18 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Yeah, they are pretty nice helmets. I got the Guareschi model earlier this year. No complaints, except the visor. That thing is a total pain in the butt to change.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page