want to buy leathers. what to look for? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-03-2009, 9:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

want to buy leathers. what to look for?

I am interested in getting leathers for my canyon riding. I have seen them from 200-2600 and I don't see much differance in them so I am wondering what i should be looking for? Ventalation is important to me and knee puck velcrow too. a quality spine protector would be nice but aside from that and the standard stuff i don't know what to look for.

what is the lower end of the price range where i can get somthing that will have good features but still be comfortable on hot days and keep me without road rash or too worse for wear should I slide out in the twisties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-03-2009, 10:18 AM

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via MSN to shakey1378
Re: want to buy leathers. what to look for?

someone here told me about spartan leathers custom suits, very low price for custom.

certain online stores have good deals check sportbiketrackgear or newenough.com both are kind enough to post reviews stg even post crash test videos for some of there product line

if you are just street riding you could get a aerostich suit. ive heard nothing but good things about them also.

on the street i wear a armored jacket with armored leather overpants of course with boots, lid, and gloves.

i definately suggest buying a seperate back protector as most jackets and some of the cheaper suits protectors are no better than carpet padding.

i use a knox contour but also like the forcefield armor and bohn as well.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-04-2009, 11:10 AM

Reputation Power: 13

I have an AlpineStars jacket and pants that I received as a xmas present from my lovely wife a few years ago. She looked at other brands, but was told the quality and performance was hard to beat. Without buying and trying other brands, it's difficult to give comparisons, but I am more than happy with this set. I didn't want a full-on track suit as I often don't wear the pants when running errands or commuting to a meeting.
The fit and comfort are very nice and they seem to be a quality product.
We reviewed other brands but ultimately decided going the cheaper route wasn't a great option if I had to lay the bike down at any time.

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-04-2009, 1:28 PM

Reputation Power: 14

I like Vanson, but they're pricey. Bought my jacket off their online clearance rack for almost half price though. Might be something for you to check out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page