Jackets and Helmets - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-17-2009, 4:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Jackets and Helmets

What are good,brands for motorcycle jackets and helmets?
I dont want any leather, prefer textile,
and like tight body conforming jackets, or ones that already have a body shape to them.With mabye a little padding down the spine
As far as helmets go, i like the helmets with a bit of style, but still function and serve there purpose well. Style like the Streamline helmets bell has for sportbikes.
Wondering if there were any brand suggestions
thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-17-2009, 4:49 PM

Reputation Power: 144

Send a message via MSN to LoopyLee Send a message via Skype™ to LoopyLee
Re: Jackets and Helmets

oooh.. Thats a bugger of a question you've asked there as practically everyone of us on here have their own preferences when it comes to gear..

Take a look at New Enough, based in the States.. They have very good gear at great prices and also write their own review of the stuff they sell..

As for helmets, your first consideration should be safety.. Take a look at this site Sharp - The Helmet Safety Scheme .. I know it's a UK site, I live here, but they are doing safety tests on helmets and are rating them out of 5 on their performance. This rating shows their score over and above the minimum safety standards for helmets here in the UK.. It's caused a bit of an upset with some helmet manufacturers, especially those who make very expensive ones, as some cheaper helmets are getting better results than the pricy ones.. It just goes to show that expensive doesn't necessarily mean better..

What you leave behind is not what is engraved on stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

Blade Rider

post #3 of 8 Old 05-17-2009, 5:04 PM Thread Starter

Awesome!!! Thanks alot for that , I definally want saftey, don't won't to be looking good while my head is cracked if anything bad happens(hopefully not LOL) but I definatly want to go for safety, so I definatly willbe checking out that site

And with the jackets I really want to be comfortable while I ride as well as protected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-17-2009, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altair View Post
Awesome!!! Thanks alot for that , I definally want saftey, don't won't to be looking good while my head is cracked if anything bad happens(hopefully not LOL) but I definatly want to go for safety, so I definatly willbe checking out that site

And with the jackets I really want to be comfortable while I ride as well as protected.
Your best bet for gear is to go to a gear retailer and try lots of stuff on, keeping notes if you can as to what you preferred, and then maybe look about to see where you can get the best deal for it..

What you leave behind is not what is engraved on stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

Blade Rider

post #5 of 8 Old 05-17-2009, 5:26 PM Thread Starter

I agree with that, I guess it woulnt be smart to buy my first jacket and helmet online and not know whAt fits me good. Then have to go through the hassle of returning it cause it doesn't fit right.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-17-2009, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altair View Post
I agree with that, I guess it woulnt be smart to buy my first jacket and helmet online and not know whAt fits me good. Then have to go through the hassle of returning it cause it doesn't fit right.
Makes sense to me

Blade Rider

post #7 of 8 Old 05-17-2009, 7:19 PM

Reputation Power: 17

what size are you? if you're about an xl i've got a great frank thomas textile jacket that i am looking to get rid of pretty cheap. i'll try to keep a look out here for your response, but if you can shoot me a pm it will work better
post #8 of 8 Old 05-17-2009, 9:13 PM

Reputation Power: 12

For Jackets i would say Rukka is the best. Used by alot of the police riders over here in the UK, but they are expensive

As far as helmets go I would only go for Arai or Shoei, as although they didn't do as well as some other brands in the U.K sharps test. I feel the test is not looking at certain very important parts of a helmet's function during an collision.
Most important thing about a helmet make sure it's comfortable.

Cheers

Steve

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page