1 Piece Suit - How tight is too tight? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 05-11-2010, 6:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

1 Piece Suit - How tight is too tight?

I just bought a 1 piece Dainese suit. I tried it on at the store and walked around for 10 minutes and sat on a few bikes. It was tight but everyone I know has expressed that a 1 piece suit should be tight. So much so that you can't stand up straight. Well, that was certainly the case. I couldn't stand up perfectly straight. It was tight, but I figured this must be the way it should be.

Well, I had the pleasure of a track day yesterday with the new suit. Unfortunately, I walked away with sore shoulders from the suit pulling them in and down. I also fealt the strain on my back when leaning forward. I fealt like I was working against the suit.

Surely, this means the suit is too small, correct? Or is this normal and can/should I expect for it to stretch more?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to give.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-11-2010, 6:14 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Re: 1 Piece Suit - How tight is too tight?

tighter is better.. it will loosen up the more you wear it, i would suggest wearing it around the house and every bit you can, if it still seems too tight you might exchange it for the next size up
post #3 of 9 Old 05-11-2010, 6:34 PM

Reputation Power: 122

I say suit is definately too tight, yes it should be tight but not to the point of pain in your shoulders from stretching when you tuck, I would get the next size up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-12-2010, 3:36 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by spina220 View Post
I say suit is definately too tight, yes it should be tight but not to the point of pain in your shoulders from stretching when you tuck, I would get the next size up.
if you have pain while wearing it then its not the right size.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-13-2010, 9:24 AM

Reputation Power: 15

If your voice goes up by a couple of octaves then your leathers are def too tight.

Why not get them altered,try nine lives leathers in Guildford,highly recommended.

Last edited by Stu748R; 05-13-2010 at 5:23 PM.
post #6 of 9 Old 06-23-2010, 1:45 AM

Reputation Power: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu748R View Post
If your voice goes up by a couple of octaves then your leathers are def too tight.

Why not get them altered,try nine lives leathers in Guildford,highly recommended.
I couldn't agree more, I sold my suit because I sounded like I hadn't gone through puberty yet. Lets face it guys should'nt have camel toe LOL
post #7 of 9 Old 06-24-2010, 11:14 AM

Yea sounds like the suit is too tight, itís not supposed to cause you pain. Iím looking for a suit too. Check out this review I found doing some research from Track Day Magazine AGV Sport Laguna 1-piece suit | K3 Chris Onwiler / action shot by Heavy Penny Photo | Trackdaymag
post #8 of 9 Old 06-24-2010, 4:32 PM

Reputation Power: 291

Send a message via MSN to setanta

The last one piece I had meant that I found it awkward standing straight but on the bike it felt brilliant.

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #9 of 9 Old 01-31-2011, 2:02 PM

sounds toooo tight mate

I had made to measure suit from BKS last year and when I recieved it the quality was amazing but so tight in the legs the knee armour was like having my knee ina vice ! All sorted now but my point is you need to be comfy or you will be too stiff on the bike - not ideal for smooth transition on and off the bike in corners.

IMHO Dainese kit looks lovely but it's not right for all of us - so if you are partial to a pie maybe look elsewhere.

I found 54 Dainese not great for me but 54 from Hein Gericke fits like a glove (and half the price). I also trust the HG suit more than Dainese for a slide down the road having seen numerous trashed Dainese leathers at Almeria and HG suits scuffed but not ripped.

Shop around , get something that fits and dont be a fashion victim. You can out your Dainese on E-Bay easy the big brands aleays in demand.

You get what you pay for and my BKS made to measure are reassuringly weighty. Scott do some lovely leathers and are British too and will even make small changes to a standard spec suit on ordering F.O.C.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page