Sounds like you had a great day Larry, I'm jealous.
But did you really do the ride there and back plus the ride day without checking your tyre pressures?
Call me paranoid, but I check mine nearly every ride.
I only check the pressures when the bike starts telling me they're getting too low. For a race day I would normally inflate to about 38/42psi then adjust after the first session - much easier to let air out than to put it in :-)
I'll try to remember to check them today and let you know what they are.
I haven't been running the rear caliper and only remembered on Friday to put it back on for scrutineering, and of course, they didn't even check it.
My shift linkage has been _very_ worn for a long while now - 40mm of vertical play and 20mm lateral - so I shimmed it with some Coke can and punched the rose joint rivets to tighten them up. Now it has 5mm vertical and perhaps 2mm lateral play, much nicer. Between tightening that up and new chain and sprockets it was like a new bike again :-)
The bent frame takes 3.5 degrees or so out of the steering head and pulls the front axle back 60mm from stock. But it also lifts the front of the bike a bit which improves ground clearance. I cut out the rear axle slots another 12mm to shorten it further but wasn't able to get the rear sprocket I wanted and only got the wheelbase down to 1335mm. I'll get the sprockets I need to shorten it another 10mm before I take it out again.
I'm not running a coolant reservoir or fan either, which I forgot about after the first session. Instead of killing the engine as soon as I pulled into the pits I left it idling for a minute and it spat out 50ml of water when I shut it down. Topped it up and remembered to shut it down earlier and had no more problem there.
I haven't had a front guard on it since I built it but I put a GSXR600 fibreglass guard on on Friday arvo just to help make the bike look more stock than it is so the scrutineers didn't start going over it too closely. A coat of plastic primer, spray putty and black paint took all of five minutes and I threw it in as soon as it was touch dry :-)
I realised also that the ancient 929 screen I've been running is so opaque now that I wouldn't be able to run a camera through it. So I whipped the new OEM screen off the GSXR1000 and put that on :-)
Can't find my camera cable so I'll get a new one today and I'll post a link when I get some footage up.
My mate's bikes were the '81 GSX1100E I raced for him in '03 when I blew it up. It's more of a stunt bike than a track bike really but the engine is very strong. And a bitsa GSX1100E that his mate has been putting together out of an abundant supply of parts from various bikes. It started with an engine and a GSX750 frame and grew from there. This was the first time it had been ridden as it's not licenced and only got brakes and chain last week. The rear sprocket is so small he was only getting up to third gear :-) She was awesome all day, although he lost the rear brake early on (I didn't even know he was using it) and the starter clutch likes to mess with your head a bit :-)