Shock Help - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Road Racing: Club / Amateur Discussion of Club / Amateur Motorcycle Road Racing, such as AFM, CCS, WSMC, WERA, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 01-18-2007, 7:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Shock Help

So I bought a used Penske triple adjustable shock for my 03 GSXR 600 track bike. I put a 400 #/in spring on it as is recommended for my weight. I will set the proper sag, but then where do I start with my damping adjustments? I was planning on getting some trackside tuning help but I just want a safe place to start and get some seat time first. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-18-2007, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

Re: Shock Help

Did the shock come with recommendations for settings? My Ohlins was set up out of the box. Maybe start with the stock rebound and damping settings, ride a favorite road, and make adjustments from there. For sure get some help from suspension techs at the track. Their knowledge is invaluable.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Motorcycle Racing > Road Racing: Club / Amateur

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page