Looking for info about club racing in Northeast PA - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Road Racing: Club / Amateur Discussion of Club / Amateur Motorcycle Road Racing, such as AFM, CCS, WSMC, WERA, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-13-2008, 9:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Looking for info about club racing in Northeast PA

Hey everyone. I'm new to the track, and have been visiting Pocono Raceway when Team Promotion is there, and I want to get into some track days.

I read up on Team Promotion, but want to know about all the club racing that occurs in the Northeast. Could anyone provide me with what they think are the best clubs, where to get a racing license, etc.

I'm purchasing a 98 F3 for track days; it's already WERA prepped. Does anyone also know anything about the F3s for racing, and how to reinforce the rear swing arm? The one on the bike I'm purchasing is bent to the left from right-hand turns.

I do all my own work on bikes, so whatever little hints are available about the F3s would be greatly appreciated. I currently drive a 929, and it's the love of my life, but would be way too aggressive for track racing. I tried the track on it twice, and it was fun, but way too much for an inexperienced track rider. I practice daily, putting about 400 miles on my bike a week, mostly on a few local back-wood roads, but it seems to be getting more dangerous every time I'm out there. More cars, I should say.

Thanks in advance.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-17-2008, 4:43 PM

Reputation Power: 12

Re: Looking for info about club racing in Northeast PA

Hey Ron,
In the back of Roadracing World magazine, they have a page or two regarding riding schools, i think. They also put out an issue that is exclusively about track days and what you should look for in them. That would be a great place to start. Now that winter is fast approaching, gaining knowledge and getting your mind ready for next season would be a good thing. Keith Code's book/dvd series, "A Twist of the Wrist", will help you work on your mindset for racing.
One thing you mentioned, does have me scratching my head though. I have never heard of a swing arm being bent from too many turns in one direction. You may want to inquire more about this from the person you are getting the bike from. I have race for 5 yrs and thats a new one to my ears.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-19-2008, 2:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. Yeah, for the swing arm it's all good. He gave me a new one with the bike; it was actually twisted from an accident, not too bad, but bad enough to affect performance.

And as for the books, I've read both Twist of the Wrist books. Thanks for the recommendation...I'm mentally preparing myself for next session, along with saving up some money because I know how expensive the track can be, but I'd rather blow the money there instead of wrecking my 929 on some back road. It's just getting too scary; I was almost killed by a drunk driver on one of my favorite roads...so that gave me more incentive to begin track days.

Thanks again...i'll meet you someday at a track!

Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-19-2008, 4:04 PM

Reputation Power: 13

That info about NYSBC is not the norm at all from my experience... I've seen those things happen with all the clubs...

NYSBC, Nesba, Sportbike tracktime all run very good track days... pick one that fits your schedule the best...
post #5 of 5 Old 03-08-2010, 9:51 AM

Come and play with us... Moto Series Trackdays and Roadracing we race at nelsons ledges its 2.5 hrs from you. Great group of people!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Motorcycle Racing > Road Racing: Club / Amateur

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page