Riding Position in Turn - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Road Racing: Club / Amateur Discussion of Club / Amateur Motorcycle Road Racing, such as AFM, CCS, WSMC, WERA, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 02-07-2009, 4:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

Riding Position in Turn

I have seen racers using what appears to be different positions for different turns on race tracks. It appears that they are moving farther forward on some turns than others. Is there any reason for this? I used to move a little more forward on my old 700 Interceptor at times, but it hardly qualifies as a sport bike these days, so the transfer of knowledge is sketchy at best. Besides, that was almost 20 years ago.

Just curious if I am just mis-judging something or if there is a real reason for what it looks like is happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-08-2009, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: Riding Position in Turn

uphill, dowhill, positive camber, negative camber. the top pros probably make little changes at each corner but the general body position is still the same. moving forward in the seat is to keep the bike from wheelieing and to give better feel of the front tire. moving back is give to put more weight over the back to get more traction while accelerating.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.

Last edited by CBR929RE; 07-11-2010 at 10:38 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Motorcycle Racing > Road Racing: Club / Amateur

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page