Great time, bummer about the low-side. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Road Racing: Club / Amateur Discussion of Club / Amateur Motorcycle Road Racing, such as AFM, CCS, WSMC, WERA, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-08-2009, 9:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

Great time, bummer about the low-side.

Just got back from an awesome track day at Arroyo Seco. Unfortunately it was a two day event! Day two was cold and windy. I didn't mind too much until I low-sided. I'm fairly confident that it was too much throttle before I got the bike off of the edge of the tire.

Day one was fantastic, though. 70 degrees and sunny. A little windy in the afternoon, but awesome! There were some crazy-fast ducatis out there in the morning. Rumor has it they were WSB spec. The track owner was trying out the new Michelin Power Ones and he was insanely fast as well.

I got my knee down for the first time and I was feeling pretty comfortable at the end of the day. I should've called it a weekend at that point.

So now I've got some fiber-glass work to do and I need a clutch lever, stator cover, clip-ons, and some replacement Sato rear-set parts.

Overall, it was worth it! I hope I can round up the parts before the next track day!

Did you see what God just did to you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-06-2009, 11:53 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Great time, bummer about the low-side.

That sucks bro! I'm glad your ok though... My buddy Ken was out there too.. he high sided his ducati.. I havent asked talked to him yet to find out what happened but he left a voicemail, I guess hes all right if he could use his phone but hes gonna be off track for a lil while.. sounds like everybody had a pretty good time
post #3 of 4 Old 04-07-2009, 12:00 AM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

that sucks man but hey any crash you don't get hurt from isn't all that bad.

I did some fiberglass repair work on my track bodywork today from a crash last September at Calabogie.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-07-2009, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 13

Yeah, it could've been a lot worse. The bike's back together, now. I have to pull the stator cover again, though. I guess I screwed up the gasket-maker because it was leaking a bit at the track on Sunday.

Two weeks 'til race school!

Did you see what God just did to you?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Motorcycle Racing > Road Racing: Club / Amateur

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page