CBR125R track bike? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Road Racing: Club / Amateur Discussion of Club / Amateur Motorcycle Road Racing, such as AFM, CCS, WSMC, WERA, etc.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-13-2009, 8:15 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 11-16-2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11
 
CBR125R track bike?

I posted this in the cbr 400 section, but I thought this might be a good section for this question as well. Has anyone converted their newer model CBR125R into a track bike? If so what modifications have you made (if permitted in regs) etc. I'm a bigger guy, but I still really enjoy the little bike.
fotc1000rr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 05-13-2009, 8:34 PM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 52
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: CBR125R track bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotc1000rr View Post
I posted this in the cbr 400 section, but I thought this might be a good section for this question as well. Has anyone converted their newer model CBR125R into a track bike? If so what modifications have you made (if permitted in regs) etc. I'm a bigger guy, but I still really enjoy the little bike.
Do you know if this is the same as the CBR150?
We have a class here for juniors on the 150.
If it's the same bike I'll see if they have some sort of forum.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 05-13-2009, 9:36 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 11-16-2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11
 
Re: CBR125R track bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Do you know if this is the same as the CBR150?
We have a class here for juniors on the 150.
If it's the same bike I'll see if they have some sort of forum.
It's similar, but with a smaller engine displacement. I saw a video on youtube of a CBR150R doing 160 kph and I know the 125 won't go that fast, well at least not with me on it...
fotc1000rr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 Old 05-13-2009, 9:38 PM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 52
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: CBR125R track bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotc1000rr View Post
It's similar, but with a smaller engine displacement. I saw a video on youtube of a CBR150R doing 160 kph and I know the 125 won't go that fast, well at least not with me on it...
The point though, will mods of the CBR150 translate to your 125?
Same engine and suspension for example?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 05-13-2009, 10:04 PM
 
CBR929RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-06-2004
Location: Randolph, MA
Age: 38
Posts: 12,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39
                 
Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: CBR125R track bike?

the CBR125 is awesome. a buddy of mine brought his to Grattan in 07 and let pretty much everyone take a spin on it. I didn't try it but seeing other people ride it made me smile. I came onto the straight one time and saw it in front of me being ridden by a big guy (like 6'2"-6'4" probably 260lbs). I was laughing so hard I forgot to accelerate.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
CBR929RE is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 05-13-2009, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 11-16-2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11
 
Re: CBR125R track bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
The point though, will mods of the CBR150 translate to your 125?
Same engine and suspension for example?
Not sure, I don't know too much about the 150. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the reply.
fotc1000rr is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 05-14-2009, 8:42 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 11-16-2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11
 
Re: CBR125R track bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
the CBR125 is awesome. a buddy of mine brought his to Grattan in 07 and let pretty much everyone take a spin on it. I didn't try it but seeing other people ride it made me smile. I came onto the straight one time and saw it in front of me being ridden by a big guy (like 6'2"-6'4" probably 260lbs). I was laughing so hard I forgot to accelerate.
It is a definitely a nice bike, much different than the 1000, but certailny a nice ride, and I actually like the sound at high rpms...
fotc1000rr is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 05-14-2009, 8:51 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 11-16-2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11
 
Re: CBR125R track bike?

Here are some specs for the CBR125R,



Front Suspension: 31mm telescopic fork; 109 mm (4.3 in.) travel
Rear Suspension: Single shock; 120 mm (4.7 in.) travel
Brakes: Front 276 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear 220 mm disc with single-piston caliper
fotc1000rr is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 4:39 AM
 
Join Date: 06-06-2007
Location: coal point australia
Age: 48
Posts: 420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15
     
Send a message via MSN to sb1000rr
Re: CBR125R track bike?

cbr125 and 150 are basically the same. crank and bore are different but u can buy all the parts to convert ur 125 to a 150 as well as a 4 valve head setup. all other parts are interchangable. i have just modded my girls 125 with a different cam, full system and some port work as well as decking the barrel a bit to up the compression, just waiting for the pc3 so we can tune it. most of the parts u can get cheap from this place.. www.faddybike.com...
sb1000rr is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 7:38 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 11-16-2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11
 
Re: CBR125R track bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1000rr View Post
cbr125 and 150 are basically the same. crank and bore are different but u can buy all the parts to convert ur 125 to a 150 as well as a 4 valve head setup. all other parts are interchangable. i have just modded my girls 125 with a different cam, full system and some port work as well as decking the barrel a bit to up the compression, just waiting for the pc3 so we can tune it. most of the parts u can get cheap from this place.. www.faddybike.com...
Thanks for the info.
fotc1000rr is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 08-06-2009, 10:43 AM
 
Join Date: 07-25-2009
Location: Thailand
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: CBR125R track bike?

we saw CBR 125 modified engine DOHC 170 since 4 years ago
max speed than your imagine a lot...

however, the next 2 weeks this cbr 125 modified DOHC 170 will be new look as full racing GP fairing style. It must be dream bike for all CBR 125 riders.
all clips will be shown soon.
tony2516 is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 03-10-2010, 1:11 AM
 
Join Date: 08-12-2008
Location: Kurri Kurri, (Newcastle), NSW, Australia
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: CBR125R track bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1000rr View Post
cbr125 and 150 are basically the same. crank and bore are different but u can buy all the parts to convert ur 125 to a 150 as well as a 4 valve head setup. all other parts are interchangable. i have just modded my girls 125 with a different cam, full system and some port work as well as decking the barrel a bit to up the compression, just waiting for the pc3 so we can tune it. most of the parts u can get cheap from this place.. www.faddybike.com...

Your girls bike? hahahahahah. pretty sure its yours
Blakey0078 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Motorcycle Racing > Road Racing: Club / Amateur

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CBR125R or 250 for newcomer? NeoCBR Australia 19 10-18-2008 12:33 AM
CBR125R owner-to-be checking in! CBR Nugget Honda CBR400RR 58 07-21-2008 3:14 AM
track bike, pocket bike and suit for sale half For Sale 0 04-15-2005 3:59 PM
cbr125r freq Off-Topic 5 09-11-2003 8:29 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome