Carolina Motorsports Park - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Road Racing: Club / Amateur Discussion of Club / Amateur Motorcycle Road Racing, such as AFM, CCS, WSMC, WERA, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-19-2012, 9:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 33

Send a message via Skype™ to 2WheelFury
Carolina Motorsports Park

I'm getting my bike ready for a track day here soon. Never been to the track before. Is there anything I need to know before i go to the track?? gear requirements? bike requirements?? etc??

02 F4i track build-fully built motor, 600rr swinger and rear master, 1000rr front end and rear shock, akra full exh, pcIII and ign module, HRC radiator and quick throttle, brembo fr master and more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-24-2012, 6:33 PM

Reputation Power: 24

Re: Carolina Motorsports Park

ALL OF THIS IS JUST WHAT I THINK I READ SOMEWHERE - TAKE IT AS YOU WILL(it could just be my own opinion....)!!!!!!!
Get your bike setup to WERA specifications I believe they have WERA club racing down there, you may also need to be certified? You must have full leather top and bottom, gauntlet style gloves, and above the ankle boots. I think they require a track safety class of some sort, but I could be completely wrong. Your bike can not have mirrors, and your headlight must be unplugged/removed. I don't remember if there are rules regarding the brake light. Don't know if there is more than this... oh well it's something?
post #3 of 3 Old 03-24-2012, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 33

Send a message via Skype™ to 2WheelFury
Re: Carolina Motorsports Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0rth View Post
ALL OF THIS IS JUST WHAT I THINK I READ SOMEWHERE - TAKE IT AS YOU WILL(it could just be my own opinion....)!!!!!!!
Get your bike setup to WERA specifications I believe they have WERA club racing down there, you may also need to be certified? You must have full leather top and bottom, gauntlet style gloves, and above the ankle boots. I think they require a track safety class of some sort, but I could be completely wrong. Your bike can not have mirrors, and your headlight must be unplugged/removed. I don't remember if there are rules regarding the brake light. Don't know if there is more than this... oh well it's something?
I looked into it a little further and found that you can keep headlight and taillight but they must have tape over them. turn signals must be removed.

02 F4i track build-fully built motor, 600rr swinger and rear master, 1000rr front end and rear shock, akra full exh, pcIII and ign module, HRC radiator and quick throttle, brembo fr master and more

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Motorcycle Racing > Road Racing: Club / Amateur

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page