Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Is 96% of WOT (wide open throttle) good enough?

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  ULEWZ 
#1 ·
I have not had any luck searching for this. I have installed my full Hindle, PCIII and installed a map I got from another board member. This thing really screems now! However, while I was uploading the map I turned my turned my throttle all the way and the throttle percentage on the power commander software read 96%, not 100%!!! :eek2: Here are some issues I think may be causing this.

1. The power commander software is not correctly callibrated for my throttle position. In other words 96% to the power commander software may really be 100% to the computer on the bike.
2. The throttle position sensor is not correctly calibrated.
3. My throttle cables need to be adjusted or there is a throttle stop that needs to be adjusted, which I think is the least likely of the three because I recently ajusted some slack out of the throttle cable and verified that WOT on the throttle was indeed WOT on the throttle bodies, but I could have made a mistake.

Does anyone think there is an issue here or am I just blowing smoke?

Chris

#3 ·
The PC just needs to be calibrated to your bike's TPS. It's an option in the software, and takes just a few seconds to do. Do NOT mess with the physical throttle to do this.

#9 · (Edited)
Just fixed mine

Under the Utilities header select Set Throttle Position when the laptop and commander are linked. A window will open with 2 buttons TP Closed and TP Open. With the throttle completely closed click TP Closed. Then open the throttle 100% and simultaneously click on TP Open. This will set the limits to the proper range and you should now be able to read 100% open.

Good Luck,
Mavic

#11 ·
Re: Just fixed mine

This might be self evident, but the iginition must be on for the throttle position to show up. The engine does not need to be on, and probably shouldn't. This is a 30 second process. Log on to the Powercommander site and check the help if things still are not clear. Good luck.

Mavic said:
Under the Utilities header select Set Throttle Position when the laptop and commander are linked. A window will open with 2 buttons TP Closed and TP Open. With the throttle completely closed click TP Closed. Then open the throttle 100% and simultaneously click on TP Open. This will set the limits to the proper range and you should now be able to read 100% open.

Good Luck,
Mavic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.