Uncaged Frame Sliders Introductory Promotion - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Sponsor Deals / Group Buys Deals, Specials, Discounts, and Group Buys presented by our Sponsors. The Sponsors help make this site possible, so give them a chance to earn your business.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 Old 04-20-2006, 3:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Uncaged Frame Sliders Introductory Promotion

Admin Edit: Uncaged Cycles is no longer a site sponsor. They chose to log onto the site with another account to promote their products as if they were a satisfied customer, and we don't want to be associated with that type of behavior.

Hello Fireblades.org members,

We are a site sponsor here on Fireblades.org

We are Uncaged Cycle Products, a new company specializing in premium frame sliders for sportbikes. We believe our frame sliders are a notch above what is available in the market today. Please check out our website, www.uncagedcycle.com and browse through our pages to learn about our frame sliders.

We are currently running an introductory promotional offer on all of our available frame sliders. All Uncaged Frame Sliders are on sale for $20 off our regular price for a limited time and based on availability.

Frame Sliders now available:

Honda CBR929/954RR
Honda 04-06 CBR1000RR
Honda 03-06 CBR600RR (now available!)
Suzuki 03-04 GSX-R1000
Yamaha 06 FZ1
Yamaha 04-06 FZ6
Yamaha 02-03 YZF-R1
Yamaha 03-06 YZF-R6

Coming Soon:

Suzuki 04-05 GSX-R600/750 (available mid June)
Suzuki 97-03 GSX-R600 (available mid June)
Suzuki 96-03 GSX-R750 (available mid June)
Suzuki 01-02 GSX-R1000 (available mid June)
Yamaha 04-06 YZF-R1 (available mid June)

Last edited by ConqSoft; 06-13-2006 at 3:39 PM. Reason: Change in promotion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 04-20-2006, 9:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: Uncaged Frame Sliders Introductory Promotion

Very interesting design. Looks like you took Woodcraft's concept and evolved it a bit. I like how the sleder itself screws into the base rather than bolts to it, but then it makes me curious if it would just pop right out in the event of an impact.
If you had a set for the 600RR I might have grabbed a set just to check them out, as they do look interesting.
post #3 of 48 Old 04-20-2006, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116
Very interesting design. Looks like you took Woodcraft's concept and evolved it a bit. I like how the sleder itself screws into the base rather than bolts to it, but then it makes me curious if it would just pop right out in the event of an impact.
If you had a set for the 600RR I might have grabbed a set just to check them out, as they do look interesting.
Very good question. I was wonder that myself since I am need of getting a set. "if it would just pop right out in the event of an impact."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 Old 04-20-2006, 12:33 PM

Reputation Power: 20

i'm in for a try. email sent.
post #5 of 48 Old 04-20-2006, 1:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyauch
Very good question. I was wonder that myself since I am need of getting a set. "if it would just pop right out in the event of an impact."

Thank you for your comments, BDA116, and eyauch. The above was actually one of our concerns also when we initially evaluated this design. However, there are several things we know that alleviate this concern.
  • In addition to being threaded, the slider tip is overlapped rather deeply inside the 6061-T6 aluminum base.
  • The slider tip is solid inside the base (no holes except at the very bottom ½” to clear the bolt head). Our engineering analysis says that the tip will not distort in a way that would cause it to pop out under the side forces expected when a motorcycle falls on the ground. The tip is designed to compress slightly to reduce the initial impact force on the ground, but will not distort meaningfully in other ways.
  • The only forces acting on the slider in a crash scenario are either toward or to the side of the motorcycle. There are no forces acting in a direction away from the motorcycle which would have a potential to pop the tip out of the base.
  • Although not specifically posted on our website, we have done real life slide testing with our 380lb test sled on ROUGH, potholed asphalt with prototype tips that varied in length (with long leverage ratios vs the overlap with the base), with and without threads securing the plastic tip to the aluminum base. In no case did the slider tip ever “pop out” of the base. The reason why we chose a tip with a 1 3/8” effective tip length out of the base is because we feel no slide will come close to grinding our particular tip design all the way down to the base, and the 1 3/8” length gives us design flexibility to adapt our design to many motorcycle models.
And to answer the comment about evolving Woodcraft’s design: We actually designed and prototyped our frame sliders before Woodcraft came on the market with their design. Our business side took a while to get started, and that’s why we have begun to sell our sliders only recently.

We believe we have functional advantages over the Woodcraft sliders. The Woodcraft design has a large hole inside the plastic tip to allow mounting over what is essentially a small aluminum rod. That means most of the crash forces transmitted from the tip to the aluminum base will be concentrated over that small mounting area. Our frame slider design spreads that force out over a much larger area. In the Woodcraft design, there is also a small side bolt that holds the tip to the base, but the presence of that side hole weakens both the tip and the base rod. Our tips are solid. Lastly, we use UHMW-PE material in our tips, which have been tested to be substantially longer-wearing than Delrin. If you haven’t seen it already, please visit our tech info pages to see the results of our tip comparison testing.

I apologize for the long post – we aim to provide as much information as possible to answer our customer’s concerns.
post #6 of 48 Old 04-20-2006, 2:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yeah, I visited your site and the design does interest me. I really like the full face slider both you and Woodcraft sell.
Let me know when you have a set for the 600RR. I currently have Woodcrafts on my track bike, but would like to see how yours work.
Both companies designing a very similar yet different from the norm setup is a good testament to that new idea.
Does your slider tip extend further from the bodywork than the Woodcraft, or have you had the opportunity to really measure them one on one like that?
post #7 of 48 Old 04-20-2006, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116
Yeah, I visited your site and the design does interest me. I really like the full face slider both you and Woodcraft sell...Both companies designing a very similar yet different from the norm setup is a good testament to that new idea.
Does your slider tip extend further from the bodywork than the Woodcraft, or have you had the opportunity to really measure them one on one like that?
on all that. I'd buy a set for the 1000RR.

I'd rather not have to actually test them but after seeing how quickly my Vortex hollow center sliders ground down I definitely would like more, and more durable, slider material between the bike and the track.

Have you tested a similar design for other areas; ie. swingarm spool/slider, axle, etc?
post #8 of 48 Old 04-21-2006, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus
on all that. I'd buy a set for the 1000RR.

I'd rather not have to actually test them but after seeing how quickly my Vortex hollow center sliders ground down I definitely would like more, and more durable, slider material between the bike and the track.

Have you tested a similar design for other areas; ie. swingarm spool/slider, axle, etc?

We are currently working on the 600RR and 1000RR as high priority models. We will announce when they are ready for sale.

We have not as of yet tested sliders for the swingarm, spool, etc.
post #9 of 48 Old 04-21-2006, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncagedcycle
Hello Fireblades.org members,

We are a new company specializing in making premium frame sliders for sportbikes. Please check out our website, www.uncagedcycle.com to find out more about our products.

We believe our frame sliders are a notch above what is available in the market today in quality and function. However, because we are a new company, our biggest problem is our lack of name recognition in the marketplace. In light of that fact, we are running a limited promotional offer on our CBR929/CBR954RR model frame sliders.

For the first 5 participants to respond, we are offering a $25 discount from our normal web prices. All that we ask in return is that you post your honest opinions about our product in this message-board, and post pictures of the Uncaged Cycle Products frame sliders mounted on your bike (and allow us the use of those pics). Obviously, we are very confident in our products, but we do need more public advocates to spread the message to others.

If you are interested in our offer, please email us at [email protected] and we will respond quickly with a promotion code you can use to get the discount in our web store.

For those with other bike models beside the CBR929/CBR954RR, Uncaged Cycle Products is constantly striving to improve and expand our product line. If you like what you see on our website and are interested in seeing Uncaged frame sliders for your particular model, please email us at [email protected]

How about a set for the (my, actually) 2006 GSX-R750?
post #10 of 48 Old 04-21-2006, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncagedcycle
We are currently working on the 600RR and 1000RR as high priority models. We will announce when they are ready for sale.

We have not as of yet tested sliders for the swingarm, spool, etc.
I would like to see them when ready for the 1000rr as long as there is no cutting involved.. and some for the swingarm/spools as well... very interested in the design since I too have a set that is hollow and after hearing how others have ground down so bad it might be time for a change before they get tested.)I hope they never do but we wouldn't put them on the bike if we didn't expect it to happen eventually, again for most of us.)
post #11 of 48 Old 04-21-2006, 8:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsome
... very interested in the design since I too have a set that is hollow and after hearing how others have ground down so bad it might be time for a change before they get tested.
~30' of track before the bike went into the grass during lowside at Lil Talledega. Don't get me wrong, both did their job well, not even a scratch on the frame or swingarm. But this was a short on-track slide and it wouldn't have taken much more for either slider to have reached its limit. On both sliders, the retaining bolt is not much further from what remains.

1st pic: Vortex frame slider
2nd pic: Shogun swing arm slider/spool
Attached Thumbnails
IMGA0698.JPG‎   IMGA0697.JPG‎  
post #12 of 48 Old 04-24-2006, 11:11 AM

Reputation Power: 26

anticipating the 600RR model.

I do all my own stunts.
post #13 of 48 Old 04-30-2006, 1:10 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Garage

I still got the promotion price.
Sweet!!!
I figured 5 would have been done by now!?

But, will you make the insert part avalible seperately?

Undying Love Forever
A.J. Abshire---1949-2001
Josh Abshire---1977-2002
Janet Abshire--- 1952-2009

Last edited by Chekman; 04-30-2006 at 1:17 AM.
post #14 of 48 Old 05-03-2006, 9:20 PM

If you ever make a no-cut 2006 ZX-10R slider, I'd buy it.
post #15 of 48 Old 05-04-2006, 9:04 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via AIM to southpark460 Send a message via Yahoo to southpark460

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraumaOne
If you ever make a no-cut 2006 ZX-10R slider, I'd buy it.
A few breezes too late, isn't it?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Sponsor Deals / Group Buys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page