On-line store - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Sponsor Deals / Group Buys Deals, Specials, Discounts, and Group Buys presented by our Sponsors. The Sponsors help make this site possible, so give them a chance to earn your business.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 05-30-2008, 3:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12

On-line store

We have been working on our on-line store and we have added almost 600 items and we hope to have over 1000 within the next few weeks. Please go and check it out and let me know what items you would like to see or anything we might have missed.

http://www.scottsms.com/store
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-30-2008, 8:34 PM

Re: On-line store

Your site is coming along nicely. One suggestion. Filter your product offerings by bike model. Have the user select their bike model, and only provide offerings for that bike, still based on your catagories. It speeds the search time.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-31-2008, 1:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by segiano View Post
Your site is coming along nicely. One suggestion. Filter your product offerings by bike model. Have the user select their bike model, and only provide offerings for that bike, still based on your catagories. It speeds the search time.

I'll see if my web guy can set that up on my store, I know he has a lot of things to do, add and upgrade. I just add the products as I have the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-03-2008, 9:43 AM

Reputation Power: 13

Webdeveloper here I can help you setting that site up if you want
post #5 of 10 Old 06-03-2008, 9:45 AM

oh man you really need to work on that thing I've just checked you have bmp pics which is very large in file sizes and your thumbnails are just a set height and width of the main pic not another small size pics it takes too long to load overal
post #6 of 10 Old 06-04-2008, 10:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to curt248

spoken like a true web developer!

It seems to work ok for me. It would be much nicer to have some of the items bike specific like exhausts and such.
post #7 of 10 Old 06-05-2008, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt248 View Post
spoken like a true web developer!

It seems to work ok for me. It would be much nicer to have some of the items bike specific like exhausts and such.

Were working on it but it will take some time, having accounts with over 60 companies plus 7 dealers ships for OEM parts there is a lot that I need to put on the site, it's just finding the time.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-05-2008, 9:02 AM

well I guess what I'm trying to say if you gonna do it just do it right I don't like the default zen cart template you need a more advanced way to list the products and several ways to look em up year model words part numbers etc... plus having a 0.5 MB pics is way too much while it can be reduced to around 2kb on the product list page well I know that most of us now have really fast connections but lets try that over 100 products 50MB to be downloaded just for pics ? you should consider your host account traffic as well.

well I'm just trying to help so please don't take my words as any sort of offense
post #9 of 10 Old 06-05-2008, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiai View Post
well I guess what I'm trying to say if you gonna do it just do it right I don't like the default zen cart template you need a more advanced way to list the products and several ways to look em up year model words part numbers etc... plus having a 0.5 MB pics is way too much while it can be reduced to around 2kb on the product list page well I know that most of us now have really fast connections but lets try that over 100 products 50MB to be downloaded just for pics ? you should consider your host account traffic as well.

well I'm just trying to help so please don't take my words as any sort of offense
Well unless your going to make it perfect for free there isn't much I can do right away as I have a full time fukll service shop and I can only work on this when I have the spare time or help.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-07-2008, 3:24 AM

well I never said I wanted to get paid for it I just wanted to help you have a good online store

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Sponsor Deals / Group Buys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page