fairings - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Supermoto Supermoto discussion forum. Supermoto is a cross-over or evolution of motocross and road racing. In this section you can discuss anything relating to supermoto / motard riding & racing.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-29-2009, 7:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

fairings

Hello everyone could someone please tell me where i can get some fibreglass fairings for my gsxr750k9,i use my bike for the road and track so i dont want full race fairings ie lights blocked out.Is it better for me to get fibreglass or plastic.Thank you for your info and happy riding
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-29-2009, 9:38 AM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue
Re: fairings

I can't help with a good Aussie vendor but fiberglass crashes better. ABS tends to be much harder to fix and cracks easier than fiberglass. That is part of why people use it for tracks. I am far from talented with fiberglass and touched mine up from a couple of times when the voices got the upper hand

Over here I highly recommend Sharkskinz for fit and quality. Not sure the year of a K9 but SharkSkinz - 2006-2007

Must obey the sheep dog
post #3 of 4 Old 09-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

I would agree, fibreglass is much tougher and easier to repair. It's generally lighter as well. A mate put a plastic fairing kit on his 1000RR and when he crashed everything just shattered into pieces.

Race Glass Motorcycle Road and Race Fairings.

I run my race glass on the road as well and I just cut it out to fit a CBR250RR headlight in the front and the indicators are velcroed onto the fairing. The licence plate, LED tail light and rear indicators are all part of a modified GPX250 rear guard that simply attaches to the underside of the tail unit. It only takes maybe five minutes to fit the lights and mirrors for road use.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-30-2009, 2:02 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Thanks for the info happy riding

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Supermoto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page