CBR1000RR Fireblade fairings for sale or swap. Pearl Pink/Salmon. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Swap Section Got something you want to swap then this is the section to do post your item. Nothing is too big or too small. Swap parts, swap bikes, swap cars or swap somthing else.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 11-10-2013, 6:21 AM Thread Starter
RAB
 
Join Date: 11-17-2010
Location: Ozzieland
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
CBR1000RR Fireblade fairings for sale or swap. Pearl Pink/Salmon.

Are you looking for a unique look to your 2008-2012 Fireblade CBR1000RR?
I had all my 2009 CBR1000RR Fireblade panels painted for nearly a grand.
The base is Honda Red, with a Pearl over top, then some clear coats.
The issue is, my painter used a white based pearl, so the effect is a Pinky/Redy/Goldy colour depending on the light.
I've tried to rationalise that it is "Salmon", but, unfortunately, it is too pink for me.
It does look really good and the bike is unique, so it would be a shame to sand it all back and start again. Also, my painter says he'll charge me for more paint!
Do you have a Fireblade, or know someone who has a Fireblade, who would suit a unique Pink Pearl colour?
I'm happy to sell these outright, or we could do a swap for your panels.
This includes all the normal front, rear and side panels, plus the belly pan, chain guard and air duct covers.
I will remove them from my bike and package them for transport.
Located on the Gold Coast, Australia, so you can see them on the bike. Am available to help with removal/swap over for your panels if around the Gold Coast/Brisbane area.
If you have any questions or would like more information/pics, please contact me.
Cheers
RAB
RAB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 11-14-2013, 8:40 PM
 
Join Date: 08-05-2009
Location: Livermore, Ca.
Posts: 733
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 31
                     
Re: CBR1000RR Fireblade fairings for sale or swap. Pearl Pink/Salmon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAB View Post
Are you looking for a unique look to your 2008-2012 Fireblade CBR1000RR?
I had all my 2009 CBR1000RR Fireblade panels painted for nearly a grand.
The base is Honda Red, with a Pearl over top, then some clear coats.
The issue is, my painter used a white based pearl, so the effect is a Pinky/Redy/Goldy colour depending on the light.
I've tried to rationalise that it is "Salmon", but, unfortunately, it is too pink for me.
It does look really good and the bike is unique, so it would be a shame to sand it all back and start again. Also, my painter says he'll charge me for more paint!
Do you have a Fireblade, or know someone who has a Fireblade, who would suit a unique Pink Pearl colour?
I'm happy to sell these outright, or we could do a swap for your panels.
This includes all the normal front, rear and side panels, plus the belly pan, chain guard and air duct covers.
I will remove them from my bike and package them for transport.
Located on the Gold Coast, Australia, so you can see them on the bike. Am available to help with removal/swap over for your panels if around the Gold Coast/Brisbane area.
If you have any questions or would like more information/pics, please contact me.
Cheers
RAB
I know this term is not suppose to be used anymore but "it does sound a little gay" maybe reword and repost unless it is your painters fault then just ask him to redo. Not that much of a big deal for him.
ERION929 is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 11-16-2013, 1:54 AM Thread Starter
RAB
 
Join Date: 11-17-2010
Location: Ozzieland
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: CBR1000RR Fireblade fairings for sale or swap. Pearl Pink/Salmon.

Mate, the only reason I'm parting with them is because my bike now looks like a girls bike and I can't stand the crap I'm getting from my mates, work mates, my missus... even my kids say I've got a pink bike.
So, even though the pearl paint looks good, it's still got a pink tinge to it.
There's got to be a girl with a Blade out there that would love them, or some guy even maybe. It would be a shame just to strip them and start again.
Also, the painter is a mate of a mate and I'll need to pay for more paint to get them repainted!
Better to go to someone who will appreciate them.
Cheers
RAB
RAB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 Old 11-16-2013, 7:14 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: CBR1000RR Fireblade fairings for sale or swap. Pearl Pink/Salmon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAB View Post
Mate, the only reason I'm parting with them is because my bike now looks like a girls bike and I can't stand the crap I'm getting from my mates, work mates, my missus... even my kids say I've got a pink bike.
So, even though the pearl paint looks good, it's still got a pink tinge to it.
There's got to be a girl with a Blade out there that would love them, or some guy even maybe. It would be a shame just to strip them and start again.
Also, the painter is a mate of a mate and I'll need to pay for more paint to get them repainted!
Better to go to someone who will appreciate them.
Cheers
RAB

Photos would probably help a lot in this case.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 11-16-2013, 1:58 PM
 
Join Date: 03-24-2011
Location: Waterlooville UK
Age: 47
Posts: 3,033
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 77
                     
Re: CBR1000RR Fireblade fairings for sale or swap. Pearl Pink/Salmon.

yes we need some pics here...



Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/2ISgxtQXs9o

My 900RR Winter Project
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html
Lambchops is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 11-16-2013, 3:15 PM Thread Starter
RAB
 
Join Date: 11-17-2010
Location: Ozzieland
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: CBR1000RR Fireblade fairings for sale or swap. Pearl Pink/Salmon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
yes we need some pics here...
I couldn't figure out how to upload and attach them before.
But I've now got some up for you to see.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131104_164746 sm.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	436.2 KB
ID:	57938

Click image for larger version

Name:	20131104_164322 sm.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	411.8 KB
ID:	57939

Click image for larger version

Name:	20131104_164418 sm.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	308.6 KB
ID:	57940
RAB is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 11-16-2013, 7:35 PM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: CBR1000RR Fireblade fairings for sale or swap. Pearl Pink/Salmon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAB View Post
I couldn't figure out how to upload and attach them before.
But I've now got some up for you to see.
Attachment 57938

Attachment 57939

Attachment 57940

Looks more like a liver colour than a pink to me?
Doesn't look too bad really.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 11-16-2013, 10:11 PM
 
Join Date: 08-05-2009
Location: Livermore, Ca.
Posts: 733
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 31
                     
Re: CBR1000RR Fireblade fairings for sale or swap. Pearl Pink/Salmon.

Yea, it does not look like you describe. Jump on it and ride
ERION929 is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 11-17-2013, 4:01 PM Thread Starter
RAB
 
Join Date: 11-17-2010
Location: Ozzieland
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: CBR1000RR Fireblade fairings for sale or swap. Pearl Pink/Salmon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERION929 View Post
Yea, it does not look like you describe. Jump on it and ride
I do... I do...
And I get "Nice pink bike" comments all the time.
The paint job is pretty good, the bike looks good.

.... just a bit pink.
That's why it would be a shame to just strip it all back and start again.
RAB is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 11-17-2013, 5:14 PM
 
Join Date: 09-07-2007
Location: A Canadian now back in Canada.
Age: 67
Posts: 1,786
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25
                 
Re: CBR1000RR Fireblade fairings for sale or swap. Pearl Pink/Salmon.

Just ride.
With pride
ghbzorro is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 11-18-2013, 2:56 PM Thread Starter
RAB
 
Join Date: 11-17-2010
Location: Ozzieland
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: CBR1000RR Fireblade fairings for sale or swap. Pearl Pink/Salmon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghbzorro View Post
Just ride.
With pride
Don't say with pride!
Wise guy.
RAB is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 11-18-2013, 10:22 PM
 
Join Date: 08-05-2009
Location: Livermore, Ca.
Posts: 733
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 31
                     
Re: CBR1000RR Fireblade fairings for sale or swap. Pearl Pink/Salmon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghbzorro View Post
Just ride.
With pride
Did I miss something
ERION929 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Swap Section

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CBR1000RR Fireblade fairings for sale or swap. Pearl Pink/Salmon. RAB For Sale 2 11-17-2013 9:35 PM
929RR Mid/Lower Fairings Red/Pearl White Rider4life929RR Wanted 0 10-17-2012 5:09 PM
FOR SALE: CBR1000RR 08/09 Track fairings (UK) incognuity For Sale 3 04-22-2011 2:30 PM
2009 ABS Fireblade Fairings for swap - looking for black Ansalon Swap Section 0 07-12-2009 10:18 PM
fireblade cbr1000rr 08 for sale dev435 Motorcycles For Sale 2 03-29-2009 12:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome