929 ECM (ECU) Cali model for non-cali model - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Swap Section Got something you want to swap then this is the section to do post your item. Nothing is too big or too small. Swap parts, swap bikes, swap cars or swap somthing else.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-17-2012, 1:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

929 ECM (ECU) Cali model for non-cali model

California model doesnt work with my non-cali wire harness, looking to trade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-24-2012, 4:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: 929 ECM (ECU) Cali model for non-cali model

hahhaha i was just looking to post the same thing.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-29-2012, 6:03 PM

Reputation Power: 10

Talking Re: 929 ECM (ECU) Cali model for non-cali model

You don't need to do that, the ED and A wiring harness configurations are not that different. All it takes is to change a few connectors around, the colour codes on the manual diagram have to conform, they just leave the HISS routing out. I'll try to subscribe to this thread but I'm new here so excuse me if I don't get it right. If you need a diagram I can probably throw one together for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-01-2012, 7:34 AM

Reputation Power: 10

Re: 929 ECM (ECU) Cali model for non-cali model

So here's the sitch, I've mapped my connector config but my mobile won't allow me to upload to this site. I've put it into drop-box and here's the link http://db.tt/hbGDpGAH ... Now I'm going to ask that you upload it for review (without modification) before using it as my harness has been modified (O2 sensor and purge valve no longer inline, locations of these pins calculated from manufacturer wiring diagram) and I wouldn't want my info to damage ur bike. Also since my crash I sent this harness in to have it put into a non-runner that I purchased, the mechanics stuffed around for months and then came back to me saying that they can't get my fuel pump working. Turns out they had neglected to check the colour coding on my pumps connector and may have cooked my ECM a bit. That said I don't think they changed any of the ECM pins and my bike was running a Cali ECM on this config. Pls let me know how it turns out, I'm going to be trying to get my harness working myself and would appreciate any feedback.

Also ... I have two ED ECMs with harnesses that I can't use because the idiots who sold them to me were neglegent with the keys. I've seen a vid on youtube where a bunch of hoodies jack a 929 with HISS so I know it's possible to get around. If anyone knows how this is done you'll be saving me a lot of cash and hassel by letting me in on the secret, I'd be willing to trade one and maybe some other parts for the info. Keep in mind that I live in Africa and postage is not cheap.

Last edited by 929Mercury; 07-01-2012 at 7:47 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Swap Section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page