Rough on acceleration and won't acceleratre past 60 mph - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Tools / Garage / Paddock Discussion of Motorcycle Related Tools, Stands, Lifts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-11-2016, 2:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Rough on acceleration and won't acceleratre past 60 mph

Hello, I have an 02 f4i, it has about 20,000 miles. When I first get on the bike and start riding it does fine, however after about ten min the bike will not accelerate over 60 mph, and when I come to a stop and begin to take of the bike misses so terribly I'm afraid it's going to kill out. I know for sure that the spark plugs haven't been changed in the past 10,000 miles or 6 years. But what else could cause this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-11-2016, 4:22 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 58

Re: Rough on acceleration and won't acceleratre past 60 mph

what else...?

stator, regulator/rectifier, coils, wires, a sensor, but my money goes toward a fuel issue: pump, pressure regulator, or filter (if there is one).

could be any of those. have you checked the air filter?

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 4 Old 03-11-2016, 4:34 PM Thread Starter

The air filter is clean, I haven't replaced any of the mentioned parts. Didn't want to just start throwing parts at the bike without a general idea of what the problem may be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-12-2016, 9:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02f4iFlyby View Post
Didn't want to just start throwing parts at the bike
I hear that. But I'd first go after compression. I'd have the plugs out so I'd want new if the compression passes somewhere over 110psi or better. This low and it's why it's getting slow I would imagine? The fuel pump line has to be removed, key on and how is the flow looking like when you capture the gas in a plastic drinking bottle say? The shop manual may show a cc measurement to the cycled pressure time or something like that, I'm not sure?

I'd also bet on fuel pressure or its filter if not compression

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Tools / Garage / Paddock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page