Which workshop lift - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Tools / Garage / Paddock Discussion of Motorcycle Related Tools, Stands, Lifts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-19-2016, 5:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Which workshop lift

Hi everyone,
I've been looking at a lift for my '92 Fireblade.

First I looked at the pump up ramped tables that hold the front wheel steady and you use a paddock stack at the rear. These have a removable panel to aid rear wheel removal.
Advantage: it provides a working platform, stable support, useful for various bikes and any other mechanical job you need raising.
Disadvantage: you need a second lift/ support on the platform to allow front wheel removal. Take up a lot of space.
Second I looked at the Eazy rizer lift that lifts the bike on a column/tower support using under bike support
Advantage: allows removal of front and rear wheels and even forks & swinging arm. More compact, so takes up less room in and out of use.
Disadvantage: seems to lift by the exhaust system - not sure about this from a loading/stress point of view + you can't remove the exhaust system?

Any body got experience of these lift types can give me some feedback and guidance.
Thanks for any input :-)
Matt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-19-2016, 5:40 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Re: Which workshop lift

not sure if youve seen this option. it lifts from the swingarm pivot point on the frame via a pin system. ive got several friends with similar lifts that are very happy with them.

Motorbike Central Stand Paddock Lift ConStands Power Honda CBR 900 RR Fireblade 92-99, Adaptor+Casters incl.

"love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."-Hunter S. Thompson
post #3 of 5 Old 07-31-2016, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

If you don't mind shelling out 400 bucks check out the Diamondback Python T6 lift. Saw the demo at Bike Week. Amazing comes to mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-31-2016, 12:56 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

For the best of both worlds, look at the APlusLift MT1500X.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-31-2016, 2:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt6r View Post
Hi everyone,
I've been looking at a lift for my '92 Fireblade.

First I looked at the pump up ramped tables that hold the front wheel steady and you use a paddock stack at the rear. These have a removable panel to aid rear wheel removal.
Advantage: it provides a working platform, stable support, useful for various bikes and any other mechanical job you need raising.
Disadvantage: you need a second lift/ support on the platform to allow front wheel removal. Take up a lot of space.
Second I looked at the Eazy rizer lift that lifts the bike on a column/tower support using under bike support
Advantage: allows removal of front and rear wheels and even forks & swinging arm. More compact, so takes up less room in and out of use.
Disadvantage: seems to lift by the exhaust system - not sure about this from a loading/stress point of view + you can't remove the exhaust system?

Any body got experience of these lift types can give me some feedback and guidance.
Thanks for any input :-)
Matt.
Matt there is a bloke in Retford does lifts Martins-Bargains eBay item number:

Leslie

MANCUNIAN BY BIRTH MCFC BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND ALAH - DOGS AMONGST THE BUSHES-LOVE WILL TEAR US APART

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Tools / Garage / Paddock

Tags
lift , ramp , workshop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page