O2 Sensor Bypass from Dynojet for Slipon? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Tools / Garage / Paddock Discussion of Motorcycle Related Tools, Stands, Lifts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-15-2009, 1:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

O2 Sensor Bypass from Dynojet for Slipon?

Hi everyone... quick question about whether or not I should get the 15$ O2 Sensor Eliminator from Dynojet on my bike:

01' 929, it has a K&N air filter, and Jardine RT-One slipon.

My ECU started throwing the error code 23 lately, which is O2 Sensor Heater. I've been reading a lot on the forums with search, but it seems the discussions all the way back to 2004 seem to ride the fence if its needed or not on a slipon system.

Mind you, the eliminator is probably cheaper than a new O2 Sensor so I may go that route any way unless advice from the boards is not to.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-19-2009, 7:27 PM

Reputation Power: 11

Re: O2 Sensor Bypass from Dynojet for Slipon?

I'm not from America, but isn't it just the Californian model that has O2 sensors and evaporation control gear on it?
I've got a 954 and it has only the PAIR system on it, allowing fresh air into the exhaust. I long to get rid of all stuff like that, exhaust valve and airbox flapper, but don't because I don't want to mess up a smooth power curve. Your bike doesn't need the O2 sensor, or evap control, maybe it'll be easy to convert to the spec of bike from another state, or europe.
Have you got a catalytic converter too?
post #3 of 3 Old 05-20-2009, 1:56 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Re: O2 Sensor Bypass from Dynojet for Slipon?

I don't have a cat on the bike, and pretty much the only reason I was wondering whether or not to get the O2 sensor eliminator was to kill the FI light on my bike, which is triggered by my current O2 sensor which I'm assuming has broke...

I also don't want to screw around too much with the exhaust flow etc (might as well just get a full system), so I won't put too much effort into changing the emissions systems.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Tools / Garage / Paddock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page