ZZR600 IN A CHEVY CARAVAN - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Towing / Transport Discussion of Trailers, Wheel Chocks, Tie-Downs, Ramps, etc for Transporting Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-13-2008, 2:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

ZZR600 IN A CHEVY CARAVAN

YEA I JUST BOUGHT A 2006 ZZR 600 FOR $2700 WITH 7K MILES. IT HAS SOME MINOR COSMETIC DAMAGES AND ONLY NEEDS TO REPLACE THE COOLANT RESERVOIR ALONG WITH THE FOOT PEG. OTHER THAN THAT IT RIDES LIKE A BEAST, ALMOST LIKE A 750. ANYWAYS I COULDNT PUT IT IN MY DADS TRUCK BUT IT SURE AS HELL FIT IN MY BROTHER-IN-LAWS CHEVY CARAVAN. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GET SOME SORT OF RAMP, WE USE A 3x6 PIECE OF WOOD. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS WITH 4 OR MORE PEOPLE BECAUSE ITS REALLY HEAVY! SO YOU CAN FIT CBR 600 IN IT.

1st) MAKE SURE YOU TAKE OUT ALL THE SEATS.
2nd) MAKE SURE THE BIKE GOES UP THE RAMP IN REVERSE NOT FORWARD!!!.
3rd) AS ITS GOING IN REVERSE MAKE SURE YOU START PUTTING IN AT AN ANGLE BECAUSE IT WONT GO STRAIGHT CUZ OF THE WINDOW.
4th) ONCE ITS IN THE VAN YOU CAN STRAIGHTEN IT OUT AND POSSIBLY PUT THE KICK STAND. TO BE SAFE SOMEBODY STRONG SHOULD GO IN THE BACK TO BALANCE THE BIKE OUT
5th) I SAY YOU SHOULD BRING LIKE PILLOWS OR SOMETHING SOFT TO PUT AROUND THE HANDLES JUST IN CASE WHEN DRIVING IT WONT BREAK THE CAR'S WINDOW WHEN DOING A TIGHT TURN OR DO ANY KIND OF DAMAGE.
last) DEPENDS HOW FAR YOU LIVE, I RECOMMEND TAKING THE STREETS, IF YOU MUST TAKE THE FREEWAY MAKE SURE YOU DRIVE SLOW BECAUSE YOU DONT WANT A 400lb BIKE FALLING ON SOMEBODY.

I HAVE PICTURES OF THE BIKE IN BACK OF THE VAN AND IF ANYBODY WANTS PIX EITHER TELL ME HOW PUT UP A LINK OR I CAN POSSIBLY E-MAIL SOME. BUT I PREFER A LINK TO THE PICTURES IF ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO DO IT SINCE I DONT KNOW HOW, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

PEACE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-13-2008, 2:22 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Re: ZZR600 IN A CHEVY CARAVAN

I though Dodge made the Caravan?
post #3 of 3 Old 03-13-2008, 2:54 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Re: ZZR600 IN A CHEVY CARAVAN

O MY BAD ITS VENTURE. MY BAD YOUR RIGHT DODGE MAKES CARAVANS

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Towing / Transport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page