Motorcycle towing? - Page 2 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Towing / Transport Discussion of Trailers, Wheel Chocks, Tie-Downs, Ramps, etc for Transporting Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 Old 06-01-2008, 10:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Motorcycle towing?

Sorry to here about your bad experience from AAA.

I'm new to this site and I will try to explain how these roadside assistance companies work. Heres the deal: For a motorcycle to be covered under your AAA plan you must request the AAA Plus "RV" pakage. It takes about 7 days to take effect and is usually only an additional $20 a year if you already have AAA plus! Usually you find this out when your on the side of the road, stuck!!! We strictly tow motorcycles and you can request us by name "Spin Cycle Motorcycle Towing" .

We handle Honda roadside, HOG, Kawasaki, and all major manufaturer's roadside assistance plans, even Moto Guzzi and BMW. We can actually handle the call for you by setting up whats called a "direct call". This is where we contact your roadside assistance company and put all the paperwork through for you. From what we've discovered, AAA actually has the best and furthest coverage. They cover you for 4 tows out of the year, they cover you not just the motorcycle (which is what a lot of roadside assistance companies don't do!), and they cost a lot less than a lot of comparable roadside assistance plans.

We are a preferred service provider for AMA Motow and GWRRAA (I think this is the GoldWing riders association). The most I have seen them cover is 100 miles. The only other company that I've seem with better coverage is provided by Harley Davidson and BMW where they will not only pay for the tow, but they will pay for storage charges and hotel bills if your bike has to be held over the weekend. Pretty good for Harley riders, not sure if Honda has soemthing like this. Any questions please feel free to email at [email protected].

Last edited by spincycletowing; 06-01-2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Adding more detail and contact information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 Old 06-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Now that is some good advice. So do you put bike or RV down on the paperwork?
post #18 of 26 Old 06-02-2008, 12:02 AM

Check "RV" Coverage. You can even do it over the phone with a credit card. They are usually pretty helpful. I see you are from Texas. You should have some towing companies that strictly handle motorcycles there. Unfortunately we are in New Jersey, a little far for us to get out there. We hope to be franchising soon so that anywhere in the lower 48 you go, you can request us by name. (I know its a long shot...only Hoop Dreams at this point!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 26 Old 06-02-2008, 12:05 AM

Oh, by the way lanbrown, we are also a contractor for MTS "Motorcycle towing services". They're pretty decent, but not too many contractors deal with these guys because it takes forever to get paid by them.
post #20 of 26 Old 07-16-2008, 8:59 PM

Reputation Power: 12

24/7 Roadside Assistance! Road America, H.O.G., Geico, Cross-Country, Honda Riders Club, G. E. Motorclub, Progressive, State Farm, Safeco.
post #21 of 26 Old 07-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Global Moderator

Is that a keyword SPAM?

The Honda Riders Club no longer does towing.
post #22 of 26 Old 07-16-2008, 11:22 PM

This must be recent lanbrown cause we still get Honda roadside through Cross Country roadside unless they have changed contractors, which if you ask me would be an improvement. Keep me updated and let me know what you here. I'll check on my side to verify this story.
post #23 of 26 Old 07-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spincycletowing View Post
This must be recent lanbrown cause we still get Honda roadside through Cross Country roadside unless they have changed contractors, which if you ask me would be an improvement. Keep me updated and let me know what you here. I'll check on my side to verify this story.
Honda announced it back in April that they will no longer be offering on new HRCA memberships and when your current membership expires, when you renew it will not include towing. If you want towing it is sold under the extended warranty or a standalone package.

American Honda Announces New Roadside Assistance Program
post #24 of 26 Old 08-11-2008, 8:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to goracer Send a message via Yahoo to goracer

I used AAA. I paid the extra fee on top of the Plus and was told I had to wait about 10 days to use it. They sent a flat bed and the guy had me ride it up which I was more comfortable then him walking it. He has some motorcycle straps but admited he had only towed one other. There was no wheel chok so we straped it with the kick stand down. It never came loose.

I have rented a trailer from u-haul and the straps did come loose. Luckily I had noticed and pulled over right away. It rubbed the paint of the edge on one side fairing.
post #25 of 26 Old 08-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Global Moderator

AAA is not national though. You have AAA of California; there are over 40 companies DBA AAA.
post #26 of 26 Old 08-12-2008, 2:02 AM

Reputation Power: 12

Check with your insurance agent as well. Sometimes the insurer will offer roadside assistance/towing for a small extra premium. There's nothing like one stop shopping.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Towing / Transport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page