New ride, '01 Triumph T-bird - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Triumph Motorcycles Discussion of Triumph Motorcycles.

User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By MrPickwick
  • 1 Post By cbr99xx

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-04-2017, 9:34 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27

Garage
New ride, '01 Triumph T-bird

Howdy... Been a while. After years of riding Honda, most of them Blades, I've jumped ship and gone Brit. . HELP!!! So far parts seem a bit difficult to source. I have moved also, no Triumph dealership in Chattanooga. I am specifically looking for a better than stock rear shock. Need other bits and stock pieces also, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, K
Attached Thumbnails
Photo10301519 (1).jpg‎   Photo10301520.jpg‎  

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.

Last edited by cbr99xx; 03-04-2017 at 1:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-04-2017, 4:21 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Garage
Re: New ride, '01 Triumph T-bird

Very shiney

1993 CBR900 RR P
1994 CBR900 RR R Urban Tiger Project (now sold)
post #3 of 10 Old 03-04-2017, 7:33 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Very shiney
Thanks, kinda laid back from what i'm used to but so is my body!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-05-2017, 8:31 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

Wowza... an old dog returns home =)

Very shiny indeed! I suppose the UK based shops/manufacturers would have something in the new variety... maybe... (Nitron comes to mind). I noticed the same thing on my Shadow Spirit- everything (or a majority of it) was "universal" to fit "any" cruiser... Never did look into the suspension though. Comb the usual sites and see what can be had (motosport.com/bikebandit/revzilla). Good luck with finding the parts =) Going to be an uphill battle, but I'm pretty sure they are out there somewhere.

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #5 of 10 Old 03-06-2017, 7:41 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDemon View Post
Wowza... an old dog returns home =)

Very shiny indeed! I suppose the UK based shops/manufacturers would have something in the new variety... maybe... (Nitron comes to mind). I noticed the same thing on my Shadow Spirit- everything (or a majority of it) was "universal" to fit "any" cruiser... Never did look into the suspension though. Comb the usual sites and see what can be had (motosport.com/bikebandit/revzilla). Good luck with finding the parts =) Going to be an uphill battle, but I'm pretty sure they are out there somewhere.
Thanks, yeah everything I see is for the larger bore, challenge indeed. Like the bike though... different. Needs a few things to make it comfortable but I'll figure out something. Never thought parts would be so hard to bulls-eye. That's the problem isn't it... think you have it squared and no... it's really for a Legend or some newer model.
Bike bandit does have stock parts listed but aftermarket parts (pipes and shocks) go at a loss of direction. Thanks for the help!
K

post #6 of 10 Old 04-01-2017, 2:03 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Garage

"Wilber's" may be the answer... Stay posted, I will let you know how it goes... Finding this was like pulling teeth.

post #7 of 10 Old 04-01-2017, 2:21 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Garage

Yes parts here are a little bit easier, here's my easy going bike ,Triumph Legend TT, just when you want to easy on, Have you tried TriumphRat, Sean Patrick a moderator there is starting a Triumph Owners Club USA, if you join Sean will greet you straight away and maybe help you find parts
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF1180.JPG‎   DSCF1181.JPG‎  
Andrew_S likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-27-2017, 9:01 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Garage

Very nice, I love your bike dude. That is what I like about this model... old but new. Retro with water cooling. Speed triple motor that could be upgraded if I want. I ask the manufactures... Why do you put the same motor in another bike and de-tune. Is this a selling point... if so wrong point. I bought it , true,thinking I'll get around to the cams and now, as I've found out, the pistons. Sorry as I get older I find myself becoming A curmudgeon. And as a true curmudgeon this is the only time I will admit it. BTW I love the Triumph but I have a serious Honda Jones... Stay tuned.. there may be a ST1300 parked here soon.

post #9 of 10 Old 07-25-2017, 9:12 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Garage

Actually had my new "Bird" on Craigslist... Not one bite for two months, kinda grew on me.
I've been a Honda guy all my life save one Kawasaki (KE100) when I was a kid. Funny thing about that bike, I think most people my age owned that very same bike at some point in their early riding career.
Sorry, back to the point... The Triumph is heavy but I've learned to call it "sturdy". The thing is built to last forever and, without the old (crap) Lucas electrics, very reliable. The bike has started every time I have tried, even after having sat for two or more months. I have decided that with a couple of mods I can live with this bike... maybe even come to, dare I say, love the damn thing. Honda will always have my heart, but I now have a mistress. There still may be an ST in my future but the Triumph is a keeper.
BTW... A couple of weeks ago I started getting inquires on the Triumph via Craigslist, responded to all that I had decided to keep the bike and pulled the add.
MrPickwick likes this.

post #10 of 10 Old 07-25-2017, 11:52 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr99xx View Post
Actually had my new "Bird" on Craigslist... Not one bite for two months, kinda grew on me.
I've been a Honda guy all my life save one Kawasaki (KE100) when I was a kid. Funny thing about that bike, I think most people my age owned that very same bike at some point in their early riding career.
Sorry, back to the point... The Triumph is heavy but I've learned to call it "sturdy". The thing is built to last forever and, without the old (crap) Lucas electrics, very reliable. The bike has started every time I have tried, even after having sat for two or more months. I have decided that with a couple of mods I can live with this bike... maybe even come to, dare I say, love the damn thing. Honda will always have my heart, but I now have a mistress. There still may be an ST in my future but the Triumph is a keeper.
BTW... A couple of weeks ago I started getting inquires on the Triumph via Craigslist, responded to all that I had decided to keep the bike and pulled the add.
Hi, got rid of my Triumph legend, like you say heavy bike, and got the 954 , a good decision on my part, not quite finished with the head down and bum up yet..even at my age

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other Motorcycle Brands > Triumph Motorcycles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page