Fixed the sprint
Well, several months after the fact, I finally got the sprint down to Capitol BMW/Triumph in Raleigh to get the sprint repaired. It took a few weeks to get the parts in.
Well, I am pleased with the results. But it was bit questionable at first as Triumph had sent the wrong handlebar and switch assembly. Luckily the handlebar was able to be fixed with a bit of grinding and futzing. The switch assembly worked fine, it just had a scratch so we didn't replace it. So those wrong parts ended up saving me about 400 bucks, so that is cool.
Since I had to bring the bike in for this, I went ahead and had the Triumph factory heated grips installed and had them put on the heavy throttlmeisters to repace the damaged bar end.
The heated grips work... a bit too well in 90 degree heat on I-40 through Durham. It took them awhile to cool down as a matter of fact.
The traffic was never light enough for me to really try out the throttlemeisters. I have used throttle locks in the past so I have an idea how to make it work. It will just be a matter of getting practice at it.
Overall, it looks great and the only remaining sign of the tip-over is a couple of scratches that you would never notice unless you get down and close to them.
Last edited by TraumaOne; 12-18-2006 at 10:59 PM.