Speed Triple 1050 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Triumph Motorcycles Discussion of Triumph Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-06-2007, 5:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Speed Triple 1050

Anyone have one or ridden one?
I've searched and read on other sites, but more comments from actual riders (not just magazines) is helpful.

GIT-R-DONE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-08-2007, 10:17 AM

Reputation Power: 15

Re: Speed Triple 1050

I sold my 954rr couple of weeks ago. Last weeks tuesday i bought 2005 model 1050 speed triple. The thing is a blast. There is so much torque that it will pull from 1500 with high gears. the suspension is great, little softer then 954rr, but still enough sporty to the twisty stuff.

seat is comfy, the engine houls in a way that leaves any four cylinders to shame, the sound is very different and people notice it mails away that something special is coming. Also it's a real head turner.

The high bars give super comfy ride and very easy to control at any speed. I have the small bug screen and it's providing so much wind protection that it's amazing. first of all it takes the wind pressure off the chest. but still leaves the helmet to complete turbulance free air. That why it's more silent for wind sound then 954rr.! you only notice the lack of fairing at 80 or so, if you have leather jacket.

the best bit is the sound and the very linear pull. it pulls almoust completely linear from the zero to the limiter. all the time with great force. Of course the top power is not 954level, but it's enough to keep things interesting.

around town it's blessing, no sore hands, no achy ass, just drive and have fun.

Brakes are radials, but the master is only 14mm, so it gives pretty long stroke to the lever. could be better with 16 or 19 master.

rear brake is excelent with two cylinders.

what I like is also the startup. When you start the bike doesn't start to houl like 954rr at high revs. It just starts to 1000, then raises up momentarily to 1500 but soon levels to little over 1000rpm's. It's much nicer setup then blades high idle.

engine is making little gear whining type sound pretty much always.

you need to test it, it's a fun bike. check out The Speed Triple

JakeT.

I haven't looked back to 954, 954 is great, but this is so much more street bike, and much more usable. everybody has 954.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-14-2007, 9:12 PM

Reputation Power: 13

I don't have a speed triple, but my Sprint has the same engine. I don't think you can go wrong with the 1050. If you have a local triumph dealer give them a call and see if they have one as a demo. Many dealers will. Also, or more reviews etc...check out triumphrat.net. It's down for maintenance right now, but should be back up by monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-14-2007, 9:45 PM

Reputation Power: 17

I sat on one yesterday. I loved it at a standstill.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-27-2007, 3:04 AM

Reputation Power: 15

I have now had the S3 for two months. 6000km during that time. I love it.

it's little more HC compared to honda, more engine noise.

Also it's first a great street bike, that what it's build for. It cannot run with the GIXXERS, because it's lacking power. but huge torque makes it easy to control and fun to drive. I've even taken it to track couple of times. and it's pretty fast when driven correctly. suspension is little softer then 954, but that just makes it to work better if the track has bumbs. it's highly amusing to drive at track. nice pull from the turns and enough power to keep things interesting at the straights. chassis is very stiff and it's not nervous at all even without steering damper.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-19-2010, 3:16 PM

Reputation Power: 0

I have a blazing ornage triple that I bought new in 2008. almost 3 years later, and the only reason i am looking at selling is that i never had a sports bike and fancy giving one ago. Other that that it's a cracking bike, never let me down, never lost a drop of oil. beena hoon to ride and had been the best bike i've had for many many years. low down power and great brakes

heres mine

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other Motorcycle Brands > Triumph Motorcycles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page