Arizona Motorsports Group - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 03-02-2004, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Arizona Motorsports Group

I did a *quick* search and couldn't find where anyone had posted this link, though I'm sure Conq will come along and make me look slow and stupid.

I thought it was pretty interesting...

http://arizonamotorsports.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-02-2004, 11:18 AM

Re: Arizona Motorsports Group

Yeah, I think that's Carlos' site. (Guy who runs cbr1100xx.org)
post #3 of 17 Old 03-03-2004, 2:46 PM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

Yup Carlos runs that site, and EVERYTHING you read on it is true. They are the WORST dealer chain I have ever seen in my life. They try their hardest to stick it up yo ass on every sale. They should be turned into the BBB and closed IMHO.

Dano

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 03-03-2004, 3:30 PM

it's ironic that there locations are reknowned to be so poor, because there mail order biz isn't bad -- prices are good, shipping is reasonable, they have been known to screw things up, but all in all it seems like a fairly good deal.
post #5 of 17 Old 03-03-2004, 4:01 PM
dB

I've been satisfied with the mail order business, too. There've been shipping delays from time to time, but I always get the right part or tires at a good price.

Does anyone know if the mail order business is one big outfit, or is it a conglomeration like the dealerships?

I first started buying from them several years ago when Ron (can't remember his last name) offered a discount on OEM parts to the Hawk GT list. He's been responsive any time I have had questions.
post #6 of 17 Old 03-03-2004, 6:03 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Send a message via AIM to CHeYeNNe Send a message via Yahoo to CHeYeNNe

I've also mail ordered items and NEVER had any problems...hmmmz

WooHoo A New Year!!!
post #7 of 17 Old 03-03-2004, 6:04 PM

Reputation Power: 50

How do they stay in business with such a bad reputation that seems to be well known?
post #8 of 17 Old 03-03-2004, 6:20 PM

Oops, read his letter. Now I get it...

Last edited by luvtolean; 03-03-2004 at 6:23 PM.
post #9 of 17 Old 03-03-2004, 7:11 PM

The mail order is the same company. The dealerships are all owned by the company that owns Coulter Cadillac and a few other car dealerships in Arizona. The reason that they are still in business is because they prey on people who are first time buyers or do not know any better. They are notorious here in Arizona and Nevada for their less than ethical business practices. They also buy in such huge volumes from distributors that they can put smaller shops under because of their prices. They currently have advertised specials in the local motocross newspapers that are lower than our cost. This is in violation of the manufacturers advertising policies, but because they purchase in such volume, they do not complain. Their everyday prices on tires are $10-$20 under our cost. I think everybody that I know has a story about "hidden" fees that show up at the end of a deal or a problem with their service departments.
post #10 of 17 Old 03-03-2004, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Racing
The mail order is the same company. The dealerships are all owned by the company that owns Coulter Cadillac and a few other car dealerships in Arizona. The reason that they are still in business is because they prey on people who are first time buyers or do not know any better. They are notorious here in Arizona and Nevada for their less than ethical business practices. They also buy in such huge volumes from distributors that they can put smaller shops under because of their prices. They currently have advertised specials in the local motocross newspapers that are lower than our cost. This is in violation of the manufacturers advertising policies, but because they purchase in such volume, they do not complain. Their everyday prices on tires are $10-$20 under our cost. I think everybody that I know has a story about "hidden" fees that show up at the end of a deal or a problem with their service departments.
This is what my brother (a former Arizonian) has said about 3 of their dealerships. He basically "gave back" a new bike and refused to pay for it after they forgot to tighten the rear axle and chain adjusters during prep and the wheel nearly went sideways at about 80 MPH.
post #11 of 17 Old 03-07-2004, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Racing
It's interesting to hear about this type of m/c business in America in one sense because this is a longer term problem in the UK from what I have read -- there are several dealership chains who give poor service and cust. service, but stay in business because when it comes to purchasing time, people cannot resist the savings they can find at these places. Local mom and pop shops (which remain the bread and butter of American m/c storefronts, as far as I can tell) can't compete.

And ps (for a random political aside), the same principle applies to WalMart, Sam's Club and all the rest of the places that we (or at least I) am hard pressed to avoid...
post #12 of 17 Old 03-07-2004, 3:50 PM

You guys ever deal with these folks? They suck as well IMHO. I'll spare you the gory details, but let's say I've been let down twice by these geeks.

http://www.azmotorsports.com/
post #13 of 17 Old 03-07-2004, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain
You guys ever deal with these folks? They suck as well IMHO. I'll spare you the gory details, but let's say I've been let down twice by these geeks.

http://www.azmotorsports.com/
That's the mail order part of their company, as mentioned above.
post #14 of 17 Old 03-07-2004, 3:58 PM

Reputation Power: 42

I am neither defending or demonizing AZM....but I will echo what others have posted above. I have used their mail order business in the past, and was always happy with the service received.....

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #15 of 17 Old 03-07-2004, 4:00 PM

Reputation Power: 42

[QUOTE=Chain] I'll spare you the gory details, but let's say I've been let down twice by these geeks.

Ummm....you are ordering cycle parts.....and you live in Nebraska.....my guess is they saw you coming a mile away.....

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page