Venting about Ron Ayers - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 03-29-2004, 1:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Venting about Ron Ayers

I ordered my rear tire at the very beginning of march from Ron Ayers. They said it was in stock and going out the next day. A week later, no email saying it's been sent, so I called. "oh its in stock and it'll be going out tomorrow". A week later and nothing. Last week I called and it was, "it's been a mixup, we'll send it out first thing next week, and we'll fax you your invoice so you can take advantage of the Pirelli tire deal". Now I come to find out the promotion JUST ended. Boy was I jipped.

So, am I justified in wanting Ron Ayers to offer me a front tire at a discounted rate?

Boy am I peeved!

That being said, I should point out they they are really nice.

Last edited by Blitzen; 03-29-2004 at 9:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 03-29-2004, 7:29 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Re: Venting about Pirelli Tire Deal.

I'd be ticked too. The one time I called them, I wasn't impressed w/their service. Maybe I just caught 'em on a bad day??

post #3 of 19 Old 03-29-2004, 8:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen
I ordered my rear tire at the very beginning of march from Ron Ayers. They said it was in stock and going out the next day. A week later, no email saying it's been sent, so I called. "oh its in stock and it'll be going out tomorrow". A week later and nothing. Last week I called and it was, "it's been a mixup, we'll send it out first thing next week, and we'll fax you your invoice so you can take advantage of the Pirelli tire deal". Now I come to find out the promotion JUST ended. Boy was I jipped.

So, am I justified in wanting Ron Ayers to offer me a front tire at a discounted rate?

Boy am I peeved!
All you gotta do is "buy" the rear by 3/31/04, you can still send it in if you did buy it a while back... No worries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 03-29-2004, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwilli3
All you gotta do is "buy" the rear by 3/31/04, you can still send it in if you did buy it a while back... No worries.
No. Pirelli said that the promotion was until 3-31 or "while supplies last"
post #5 of 19 Old 03-29-2004, 10:50 AM

Quote:
No. Pirelli said that the promotion was until 3-31 or "while supplies last"
Exactly, you bought your tire before then... Its when you buy it, not when it gets to them...
post #6 of 19 Old 03-29-2004, 1:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwilli3
Exactly, you bought your tire before then... Its when you buy it, not when it gets to them...
Well, I'll try that. Thanks
post #7 of 19 Old 03-29-2004, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Well, I'll try that. Thanks
I just sent mine off today, so we'll see how it goes... I got my tire from Ayers also, you might wanna edit your title as this is really about your experience with them and not really Pirelli.
post #8 of 19 Old 03-30-2004, 11:15 AM

Hi,

Sorry about the delay in getting your tire. If you give me a call or send me an e-mail I will be hapy to look into the situation and see what happened and if there is something I can do.

Thanks,
Chip Spalding
Manager
RonAyers.com
1800-888-3084
[email protected]
post #9 of 19 Old 03-30-2004, 11:27 AM

Re: Venting about Ron Ayers

Hello Chip. Welcome to the site, hopefully you'll have time to see some of our more pleasant threads too.

post #10 of 19 Old 03-30-2004, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtolean
Hello Chip. Welcome to the site, hopefully you'll have time to see some of our more pleasant threads too.
I have been around forever, I just don't post much and then lost my login info....

Oh well...
post #11 of 19 Old 03-30-2004, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Chip,

I just want to let you know that my experience with you guys has been very positive, less that little detail about the tire itself. Vicky, I believe her name is, has been VERY VERY nice and helpful.

Like I said above, I sent it to Pirelli anyway. Perhaps because I DID buy it before the 19th, my order will be valid.

If not, perhaps I'll give you a call.

Thanks for the response.

Eric
post #12 of 19 Old 03-30-2004, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Thanks Chip,

I just want to let you know that my experience with you guys has been very positive, less that little detail about the tire itself. Vicky, I believe her name is, has been VERY VERY nice and helpful.

Like I said above, I sent it to Pirelli anyway. Perhaps because I DID buy it before the 19th, my order will be valid.

If not, perhaps I'll give you a call.

Thanks for the response.

Eric
Your experience has been very positive except for getting the tire?
Did you get your tire yet or is that next week? And was it in stock the whole time or did it have to be ordered? 4 weeks waiting for a rear tire and I'd get a little impatient as well.
post #13 of 19 Old 03-30-2004, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave
Your experience has been very positive except for getting the tire?
Did you get your tire yet or is that next week? And was it in stock the whole time or did it have to be ordered? 4 weeks waiting for a rear tire and I'd get a little impatient as well.
I'm not sure what happened with this particular order as I do not have all the information on this customer, but Pirelli did have a back order issue with the diablos because of the free front tire deal. Demand exceeded supply...
post #14 of 19 Old 03-30-2004, 2:40 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
I'm not sure what happened with this particular order as I do not have all the information on this customer, but Pirelli did have a back order issue with the diablos because of the free front tire deal. Demand exceeded supply...
This is true. It took almost 3 weeks to get my rear Diablo from Ron Ayers, but I sent them an e-mail asking when, and they informed me the tire was backordered and should ship on Wednesday. It actually shipped 2 days earlier than expected. Three weeks is a bit long to wait for a tire, but I understand the backorder thing. Perhaps a little better e-mail response to backorders?
post #15 of 19 Old 04-13-2004, 1:32 AM

Pirelli issued a press release on their site that due to demand, supplies had run out and the promotion was over on 3/16

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page