Rentec Moovamoto Stand (UK product) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gunk

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-16-2019, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 5

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Rentec Moovamoto Stand (UK product)

I ordered one of these stands 4 weeks ago and received it today. Came in a humongous box weighing 12.5 kilos.

Had to attach castors and hooks. (Flat swing arm pads are available in lieu of hooks) Fortunately, the instructions were clear enough to enable a simpleton to piece it together - hence my reason for buying it. Assembly time of 20 minutes. A ratchet socket (13mm) is essential for the locknuts.

The operation of this causes concerns for a 'one-person' lift. I had my bike on the side stand and raised with a 18mm piece of plywood. On placing the hook under the bobbins, one of the castor wheels kept turning downwards, thereby preventing an even lift. I had to place one foot behind the RHS wheel to keep it steady. It did take a few attempts and the lift itself was precarious. I think the configuration, and the placement of the wheels, might compromise a simple lift. I found it very heavy as if the pivot point was wrong. [As clarification, I do advise that I am accomplished at one-person lifts with my bikes. The Ryde stand in particular ( https://www.rydestore.com/ryde-alumi...nd-silver.html ) is well balanced, secure and an effortless lift.]

In the reverse, lowering the bike also felt unsafe because one wheel twisted and sent my bike off balance.

The concept of these is good. The construction is heavy gauge tubing, much heavier than the general budget 'red' stands. The ease of movement is good, and the bike felt very secure on flat ground. As with these type of stands, the lift arm extends a long way - obviously for leverage. For my purpose, I wanted to slide a bike into a confined space, but the amount of protruding bar from the rear extended too far into a walkway. In its intended environment of a roomy garage, this would not pose a problem.
In summary, a well constructed product and worth the retail 99.95. I am though, disappointed with its functionality.
Attached Thumbnails
Rentec 1.jpg‎   Rentec 2.jpg‎   Rentec 3.jpg‎   Rentec 4.jpg‎  

Rentec 5.jpg‎  

2018 CBR1000RR SP2 / 2011 CBR1000RR / 2004 CBR1000RR / 2003 CBR954RR / 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R / 1985 Honda NS400R
2007 MV F4 1000R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-16-2019, 5:05 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Garage
Re: Rentec Moovamoto Stand (UK product)

Useful review, thanks Nigel.
nigelrb likes this.

1993 CBR900 RR P
2013 Triumph 675 Street Triple
1994 CBR900 RR R Urban Tiger Project (now sold)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page