Dan Kyle - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 08-21-2004, 5:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Dan Kyle

Just got back from Dan Kyle's shop in Seaside. Very impressive shop, not to mention excellent customer service. I called Dan yesterday to see if he might have a fork damper assembly ( mine is bent and unrepairable ), he said he might have some and suggested I drop by today to see whats up. He's very busy, but took the time to examine my forks and look through his spare parts bins. He also explained his process of upgrading the forks and the custom machined pieces he makes to replace the Honda stuff . Needless to say, I was so impressed that I decided to have Dan service and upgrade my 929 forks.
I had dropped them off previously at another shop which I won't mention. I'll just say that I wasn't impressed with the overall condition of the shop and the unsavory pictures on the wall . Not that I'm offended by such material, just that I think it's very unprofessional - wonder what the female riders think?! I think the condition of the shop really tells the character and level of craftmanship. Also, at this other shop it took them 10 days before they even looked at my forks and discover the bent damper rod. I decided to take my forks home from said shop, only to find parts missing.

I'm glad I called Dan, he obviously knows what he's doing. I can hardly wait to get my forks back and test ride them!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 08-21-2004, 7:56 PM

Re: Dan Kyle

your bike is going to explode if you dont do the rear at the same time
post #3 of 40 Old 08-21-2004, 8:55 PM

I was kinda woondering why you didnt go there first---yo saved yourself a ton of headaches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 Old 08-21-2004, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by l'timbré

your bike is going to explode if you dont do the rear at the same time

My penske has just been serviced - no worries there.
post #5 of 40 Old 08-21-2004, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackho
I was kinda woondering why you didnt go there first---yo saved yourself a ton of headaches
I know - Dan will be getting my business from now on
post #6 of 40 Old 08-21-2004, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim2311
I know - Dan will be getting my business from now on
Watch your wallet...it's going to get lighter!

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #7 of 40 Old 08-22-2004, 3:07 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Actually emailed Dan the other day to ask about Ohlins Vavles for my forks (it's cheaper to buy Ohlins valves form the Us than to buy gold valves here) Also, sent an email to Traxxion (just out of curiosity) to ask about their axxion valves.

Both were very quick with reply, Dan giving me a price, letting me know they were in stock and that he was happy to send them at any time.

Traxxion sent me an email saying that they do not deal with the general public, and that I should send my forks to a traxxion centre which was close to me. Said traxxion centre is in NEW FREAKING ZEALAND!!! like 4000km away, another whole country...

It's very obvious who will get my money...

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...
post #8 of 40 Old 11-15-2004, 2:50 PM
sds

Spoke with Dan for the first time at the Bike show in San Mateo two weekends ago. Great guy and even though there was what amounted to a line waiting to shake his hand and talk to him, he made each person and their topic of choice important to him. No wonder he is doing well!

My .02
sds
post #9 of 40 Old 11-15-2004, 3:00 PM
SPEED

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

You should have seen him walking around the pits at Grattan....he was diving in the trenches to help anyone in need .
post #10 of 40 Old 11-15-2004, 5:20 PM

Joachim2311,

just out of curiousity is that your last name? As my last name is Joachim and I have never really met anyone with my last name.
post #11 of 40 Old 11-15-2004, 5:49 PM

Dan is a very talented individual and has excellent people skills as a bonus. After being pretty happy with Stig Pettersson (PPS) in the past, I was pleasantly surprised at the level of professionalism and general technical capability that Dan provides to all of his clientele (not just the factory teams).

At this point, I would recommend Dan for all suspension and bike setup without hesitation regardless of the application.
post #12 of 40 Old 11-15-2004, 6:28 PM

Dan was one of the hilights of Grattan. He spend an hour teaching us about setting up suspensions and then personally helping anyone who wanted to properly setup their suspension. He even made fun of me for having my little tool kit in the trunk during the whole event? Too lazy to take it out!
post #13 of 40 Old 11-15-2004, 7:06 PM

Tools become missiles in a wreck.

DK is top.

And he's made fun of me for just about anything you can think of. Including polishing my bike before I came out to Grattan the first time!

Last edited by luvtolean; 11-15-2004 at 7:07 PM.
post #14 of 40 Old 11-15-2004, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtolean
Tools become missiles in a wreck.
!
So can kick stands, so can tons of other parts off bikes. The tools were strapped down, all inside a padded bag, and inside the trunk too. He wasn't worried about them going anywhere he just thought it was funny because I probably wouldn't need them out on the track!
post #15 of 40 Old 11-15-2004, 7:40 PM

"So can kick stands"

One of my pet peeves. Granted, anything can happen from a footpeg to a clip-on flying violently into the rider. My feeling is that it's best to eliminate as many potential hazards as possible before you get on the track. If I had my way, kickstands would be the second thing jettisoned (right after the license plate, but before the mirrors) on any bike used on the track.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page