Eurobikes - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 11-29-2004, 2:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Eurobikes

http://www.eurobikes.com/home.htm

Mid-October, 2004: I order a Bagster TechUp tank bag system for my Hayabusa, $140 from Eurobikes. They tell me shipping to my door would be accomplished in about two weeks.

~Nov. 1st: I call Eurobikes up looking for the bag. They say the order from Bagster in France is delayed one week.

~Nov. 10th: I follow up with Eurobikes and am told to wait yet another week and the bag will be available for delivery.

~Nov. 16th: Still no bag. I call Eurobikes and ask for a refund. They hem and haw, finally coming clean with me that they've lost the contract with Bagster as the sole U.S. distributor and they still do not have the products in stock (but promise a last order from France is right around the corner). They reluctantly agree to a refund of my money (which has been accuring interest on my credit card this whole time, of course).

~Nov. 23rd: No refund on the card. I call Eurobikes and they assure me a refund will be processed before end of business, Friday the 26th, day after Thanksgiving.

Today, Nov. 29th: Still no refund on the card. I call Eurobikes, they say they don't know what happened with the refund processing, that they need to get with their accounting people and call me back. They take my name and phone number and... I am waiting...

Does anyone live near these chumps? Anyone who might be able to check out the store or who has visited them lately? Anyone have ANY intel at all on them?

EUROBIKES
9116 I-Beam Lane
Manassas, VA

I speculate that if Bagster dropped them, there is a reason for it. Maybe they're about to go under and they're putting me off as well as other customers with refunds or orders pending. I dunno, I just have a very bad feeling in my gut about the way this is going for me.

If I don't hear back from them today, I'll be calling the fraud division of my credit card company. The only fly in the oinment is I paid my plastic off when the bill came, so I don't know if the horse is out of the barn on that front.

Food for thought if you're thinking about doing any business with this outfit.

-Chain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 11-29-2004, 3:03 PM

Re: Eurobikes

Nope, never been there, but got lots of Bagster stuff from them in the past. (always took 3-4 weeks, but that's what I was told up front too)

If it's been that long, I'd dispute the charges with the CC company.
post #3 of 24 Old 11-29-2004, 3:22 PM

I bet if you send them a link to this thread things might move a long more quickly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 11-29-2004, 3:37 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

One call to your credit card company should get the charges removed, or at least on hold without interest accruing, until the transaction gets resolved.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

Last edited by Red Rider; 11-29-2004 at 3:39 PM.
post #5 of 24 Old 11-29-2004, 4:54 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs

I have bought from them back in the day. Seemed ok to me. sorry you got burned man...

Team Honda - well sorta...
post #6 of 24 Old 12-03-2004, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Update: Got ahold of the store manager, "Walter" on Dec. 1st. He put me on hold, found my paperwork, and assured me of a full refund by midnight two nights ago.

My credit card company tells me as of this morning, no refund.

Last edited by Chain; 12-03-2004 at 10:39 AM.
post #7 of 24 Old 12-03-2004, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Another update:

So far I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the VA State Attorney General's Office, and the Fraud Division of my credit card.

Thankfully my money and any accrued interest will be reapplied to my plastic balance and the CC company will go after EUROBIKES for failing to deliver on promised goods.

Yet while it would seem I've won the battle (in getting my money credited back), I'm not giving up on the war - I'm going to make as much trouble as I can for these thieving dregs.

STEER CLEAR OF EUROBIKES.

Last edited by Chain; 12-03-2004 at 10:40 AM.
post #8 of 24 Old 12-03-2004, 11:22 AM

Reputation Power: 31

Bummer, dude, good luck getting it sorted out. They sound worse than Motostrano.
post #9 of 24 Old 12-03-2004, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

OH MAN! I forgot about them, lol!

You know, for all the parts and accessories purchases I've made over the years, only having two horror stories to pass along is, I guess, a pretty good record. But yeah, Motostrano and Eurobikes can both kiss my a__.
post #10 of 24 Old 12-03-2004, 11:42 AM

Their refund/return policy says for those types of items says:

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY... All orders are charged at time of placing order. Eurobikes shall not be responsible for any late shipments. All shipping dates given are approximate. Buyer shall not be entitled to charge backs, reductions of price, or other offsets as a result of late shipment or failure to deliver in estimated time of delivery. When ordering special order items you will be given a 5 digit number with an S as the fifth digit. THESE ITEMS CANNOT BE CANCELED OR RETURNED. Delivery on special orders may take 12 weeks or longer. ABSOLUTELY NO CREDITS OR REFUNDS ON SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS. NO EXCEPTIONS!

So, if they are indeed going to be getting a last order from Bagster, then their policy says they don't have to refund you at all. They would just send you the item when it finally does arrive.

Did your order number have the S in it? (I think all Bagster stuff from them is considered Special Order, since it comes from France and isn't stocked.)
post #11 of 24 Old 12-03-2004, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain
:

~Nov. 16th: Still no bag. I call Eurobikes and ask for a refund. They hem and haw, finally coming clean with me that they've lost the contract with Bagster as the sole U.S. distributor and they still do not have the products in stock (but promise a last order from France is right around the corner). They reluctantly agree to a refund of my money (which has been accuring interest on my credit card this whole time, of course).

Any such expressed or implied contract by the management would supercede their "policy" which would be subject to amendment anyway based on their disguised relationship as a distributor of Bagster products.
post #12 of 24 Old 12-03-2004, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRVFR
Any such expressed or implied contract by the management would supercede their "policy" which would be subject to amendment anyway based on their disguised relationship as a distributor of Bagster products.

Right. Once they said that, they should have given the refund. I was just saying that it looks like maybe they didn't have to.
post #13 of 24 Old 12-03-2004, 1:50 PM Thread Starter

Probably right Conq, they might not have had to give me a refund, but they told me twice they'd do just that... then put me off and put me off and put me off. I'd not be nearly this pissed had they simply cited that part of their company policy to begin with and told me it was a no-go.

And no, they didn't provide me with any order number whatsoever.

Last edited by Chain; 12-03-2004 at 1:52 PM.
post #14 of 24 Old 12-03-2004, 3:37 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs

I sent an email to someone that might be able to help you and eurobikes work things out. Like I have said before, I have worked with them, and they did do "good" by me.

I hope it all works out for you both.

Team Honda - well sorta...
post #15 of 24 Old 12-03-2004, 5:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmethebombs
I sent an email to someone that might be able to help you and eurobikes work things out. Like I have said before, I have worked with them, and they did do "good" by me.

I hope it all works out for you both.
Thanks bombs, I appreciate the effort, really, but at this point I say f*ck 'em. They're never gonna get another penny of my money and as much as they've screwed me around, I wouldn't take the damned bag from them if they could have it to me today.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page