problems with lockhart-phillips!is this par? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-08-2004, 7:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

problems with lockhart-phillips!is this par?

Back in march I ordered an led brake/turn light from lp they said 1 week so automatically I figure 3 just so I wouldnt be disappointed. Long story short , its been 7 months and over 2 dozen phone calls and still no brake light. to keep from getting pissed I just kept it going as a joke to see how long it would take and found another tail light. then thinking this was just a distribution problem with one of their vendors I ordered some other stuff after all I've bought a few things before and never had problems. then my order came in 1- sportech chrome windscreen that fits a 954 not my 929 ( they thought it was the same thing) and a set of red engine and fairing bolts which were pink and some barely were that. brake lines were blue not s/s. so anyway is this norm for these guys or are they going thru some kind of change? I'll let you guys know if the led brake light ever makes it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-08-2004, 11:34 PM

Re: problems with lockhart-phillips!is this par?

My experience: if the part is in stock, they ship quick. If it's not in stock, forget it. I may be wrong but it appears that they won't order parts until they get a minimum number for a bulk discount from their supplier. If you're on backorder for more than 30 days they drop your order and don't even tell you. Which reminds me, I have to order my sprockets again (for the 3rd time). If I wasn't getting the "racer" discount I wouldn't deal w/ them.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-08-2004, 11:55 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

I bought the swingarm button kit thing to add swingarm spools to my 929. I ordered them from my local honda dealership where I get a discount cause my friend works there. But he couldn't give me my discount because he said LP is being a bunch of dicks and are charging a shitload for shipping.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-09-2004, 12:01 AM

Wow! Good info on LP. Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like an "all or nothing" affair.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-09-2004, 7:29 AM

Lockhart stinks, period. I made a big deal about one of my frustrations a long time ago (maybe too much ). But I was so fed up with them I could scream. Mind you, it was a small order but I waited and waited and waited when it was supposed to be at my door in 3-5 days (supposedly in stock). About the third phone call I just said "cancel the order, I got it from Street-n-Comp". They (she) fought with me over the phone on canceling my order saying it's too late, it was being shipped. Nasty attitude. Everyone there, each time I called, stated there must have been some communication problem with their warehouse. They finally "allowed" me to cancel my order and if I received their shipment to just refuse it. Well, it finally came and I refused it.

Here was the kicker, I couldn't get my credit card credited back. They freakin lied to me time and time again with "OK, you should see the credit now". I called the credit card company and no such transaction. Over and over and over, this went on for 5 weeks until I was screaming at a "supervisor" (yea right, probably just another customer service punk). Finally conferenced in my credit card company and the supervisor and the transaction was credited back. LP blows in my opinion. Will never even attempt to get anything from them. I love the "let me tranfer you to our manager", only to get his voicemail (every freakin time) and he would never, repeat never, return my call or emails. If this were over a $1000 exhaust system or something of that value, I would have driven there. Just remembering my expierence with them gets my blood boiling. It wasn't the money, it was the principle. Really, how hard is it to cancel an order and credit back someone's charge?
post #6 of 8 Old 12-09-2004, 8:04 AM

I too have had bad expierence with LP. I crashed my 954 and tore up the band around the end of my Akrapovic can. Since LP is the sole distributor of Akrapovic pipes I contacted them for the "replacement band" and the SS rivets. After a long tele conversation where they asked the bike make & model, pipe P/N, number of rivet holes (slip-on has6, race can has 4) I thought the correct part was on its way. A few weeks later I arrive home to find a 24" square box with my band and 4 rivets.... $10 shipping for an $8 part. I open the box and find a strip of stainless steel..... no holes in it. I work in mfg. and know these parts are not hand drilled at Akrapovic.... they're jig drilled.... thats the part I wanted! I called.... bitched.... was told my credit card would be credited, which never happened.

I have not, nor ever will but another thing that comes from LP!!

lrn2fli

... no wing, no prayer
post #7 of 8 Old 12-09-2004, 6:39 PM

No problems here. All of my orders have been correct and on time.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-09-2004, 7:07 PM

I have similar experience with LP, went through my local dealer (I get a good discount from him) to order front and rear stands, and some short stalk turn signals. They sent the wrong stands, and the signals were backordered. 12 months later, I finally gave up on the following up with them. The local Honda dealer told me how difficult they are to deal with, and GAVE ME THE # to call the head prick over there. Being that I am in the service industry, I spent 2 hours on the phone with him, (knowing that I was wasting both of our time) and finally explained how many of my friends and I were going to call the BBB.

I heard he's no longer there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page