Gearmaxx ??? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-18-2005, 8:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Gearmaxx ???

I'm looking for some new gear and I figured I might find a sale or a good deal during the off season. I stumbled accross some Ebay auctions that lead me to www.gearmaxx.com

Wow, the prices at this place are unbeatable! No Shipping fees, no tax, and great prices that I have yet to find anywhere else. (The prices on the website are actually cheaper than on their Ebay auctions...)

My concern si that I haven't heard on anyone that ever bought anything from them. Is this place legit? I've done a Forum search on Gearmaxx and came up empty...

(Mods, feel free to move this to the Gear Section, I fugures it would get a few more views in General for awhile.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-12-2005, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Re: Gearmaxx ???

OK, since noby replied... I went ahead and ordered some gear from www.gearmaxx.com

Let me say that the prices are excellent.

The Customer service SUCKS.

I ordered a REPSOL jacket and gloves from their website, a few days later I check the status of my order and it still says "Awaiting Payment".. Hmm WTF? I gave them my Credit Card number...

I find out that they don't charge your card until they send out the product... So, OK why hasn't it been sent yet? Well, it seems like they had to order the gear from their supplier.

A week goes by and I try to find out where my order is... I send multiple emails and try the "contact us" link on the web site. I FINALLY get a respons saying the order will go out the next day and that I would be sent a tracking number.

Three days go by and NO email, no tracking number, and no package at my house.

After three or four more emails, and a threat to dispute the charge that was now on my credit card, I finally get a response. the package was shipped USPS Priority mail and there is no tracking number....

Two days later the package FINALLY arrives at my house.

If you need stuff in a hurry, look elsewhere. IF you want stuff at a great price, and can wait forever.... give them a try. Just don't expect any customer service from them if you need assistance.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-12-2005, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for the info - How much do you think you saved over another, more established online supplier?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-12-2005, 2:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRVFR
Thanks for the info - How much do you think you saved over another, more established online supplier?

I'd say about 10 percent off the CHEAPEST place I could find. Believe me, I searched a LOT and looked at a LOT of on-line retailers.

Also, they charge NO shipping for orders over $xxx (I really don't remember.. I think it's about $200.00)
post #5 of 6 Old 02-20-2005, 7:28 PM

Alot of dealers don't stock the stuff they sell. They just order it as needed. I've ordered stuff alot and had to wait a few weeks, or more, it's just how these discount places keep their overhead low.
It is the middle of February still, not that we will be riding anytime soon up here in the northeast anyways. My last corbin seat took around six weeks to get, that's why I ordered it in october, so I could be sure to have it in the spring. As long as these guys keep the doors open, I'll deal with a few weeks delay on getting the stuff.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-20-2005, 8:30 PM

I bought something off Gearmaxx and they were great at shipping.
I received the package fast: in just a few days.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page