Stay on top of it. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-09-2005, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Stay on top of it.

If you buy something online make sure you know what shipping carrier the seller uses. I bought the wife a snazzy little Icon Team Merc jacket in the pink color. She saw one online and just had to have it. Ordered it and expected it on Friday just as the tracking number said. The store I bought from had FedEx listed on the invoice when I checked out.
A day later I get the online invoice with the tracking # in my email. Now it says DHL is delivering. WTF! I have never used DHL much less heard anything about them. The seller is Spyder Racing in Florida.
I spend the entire day waiting around the house on my day off for this package to arrive because its a surprise for my wife. The chick driving the DHL truck carrying my package calls me asking for directions to my house. Granted I live in a brand new neighborhood that most everyone has trouble finding until they ask for directions. I gave her precise directions to my house from her current location. She was no less than 10 miles away and on the main road that leads to my house.
End result........no one came with my package. I called her back on the # she called me from, probably a cell #. She says "I'll make your house the first stop in the morning at 10:00", OK I'll just wait for her. 5:00PM and no package. I call the 1-800 number for DHL and they say "we dont deliver on weekends." Again WTF!
I ask for the address of the delivery hub so I can pick it up myself. "The only address I have is somewhere on SW29th street." Ok....OKC is a city with 640 square miles and that street goes all the f&$)#%^ way across the city.
I hang up on her. I know its not her fault. Maybe its Spyder Racing's fault for switching carriers to save money. I dont know.
What I do know is that I wont do business with Spyder Racing or DHL ever again.
Sorry for the rant. I feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-09-2005, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: Stay on top of it.

DHL is Airborne Express. I have actually had good luck getting packages from them.
Your situation isn't a happy one, though.
A quick lookup on their website gives me this:
http://sbw.dhl-usa.com/Locations/USL...zp=73102&fr=AS
Help you out any?
post #3 of 4 Old 04-09-2005, 10:49 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via AIM to EDDIE110171

Sorry to here about that. We have actually had good luck with DHL, but then again DHL, UPS, and Fedex are at our place daily. Anyway I hope it all works out.

"another beautiful theory beaten to death by a gang of ruthless facts..."
- Tom Hanna (Master Metalshaper/Nitrogeezer)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-09-2005, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Im sure it will work out. Just pissed because I spent all day changing oil in the RR, cleaning it, putting Fireblades.org sticker on it, etc only to be put on hold for a ride by DHL.
Not to mention it was 75 degs and sunny both days (Friday and Saturday) and its supposed to rain the next two days. Then I have to work side jobs Monday and Tuesday.
Oh well, a high mileage RR is one thing I dont have to worry about.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page