Starcycle.com - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 05-28-2005, 8:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Starcycle.com

Ordered my Jardine slip-on from them on Tuesday afternoon. It cost $260 s/h included so it wasnt a bad price. It arrived on Friday afternoon. Cant complain about the shipping at all.
Started the install and got the stocker removed. I put the new pipe on and started it before completing the re-install and WHAT THE HELL! That mother scratcher is loud in the garage! I look at the box and find its labeled RACE CORE. Well I ordered a street core but obviously didnt get what I wanted.
Oh well, I took it for a ride and it didnt seem that loud on the street. Maybe its because of the positioning of the exhaust tip under the tail.
To sum it up: Very fast delivery, good price. Not so good on getting the right part.
I probably could have called them and had it replaced but I got to thinking about calling Jardine and just buying a street core as well. Shouldnt be more than $100 or so. That way I can switch them back and forth when the need arises.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-28-2005, 8:23 PM

Re: Starcycle.com

I love the way those sound. Nice choice in pipe. Now I just have to wait till I have all the cash put aside for the full system, PCIIIusb, and cam(kinda defeats the purpose of a full system if you leave the stock cam unless bike engines are way different from cars but I am just starting to get into the performance mod part of my motorcycle ventures so someone tell me if I am wrong)...
post #3 of 15 Old 05-28-2005, 10:32 PM

I didnt have a great experience with starcycle either, bought a hindle high mount, sent me a standard mount. Took them about 1 1/2 months to send me the correct elbow and I had to make close to 7 calls, each time they had no record of my complaint. WOuldnt buy from them again, good price, too much hasle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 05-28-2005, 10:44 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsome
I love the way those sound. Nice choice in pipe. Now I just have to wait till I have all the cash put aside for the full system, PCIIIusb, and cam(kinda defeats the purpose of a full system if you leave the stock cam unless bike engines are way different from cars but I am just starting to get into the performance mod part of my motorcycle ventures so someone tell me if I am wrong)...
the biggest difference between cams in a bike and cams in a car is that sport bikes usually have very good cams nowadays. If you think about it the new class of liter bikes are making more power than most 4 cylinder cars and almost as much as some of the lower 6 cylidners cars. However there are still some good aftermarket cams out there. Erion usually makes some good ones but I don't think they have ones for the 1000rr yet. Ten Kate might be a place to look also, I know they made cams for their WSBS 1000rr.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #5 of 15 Old 05-29-2005, 2:17 AM

Yeah, I'm happy (as I've stated) with my Jardine st. core slip-on but I could have went either way, as the race isn't as loud as some).

On a side note, I remember reading in a sportbike(??) comparo last year that the Jardines actually have a higher db level when at or around idle than they do under load, which in my book is a plus (when riding past the chippies and such here in CA).
post #6 of 15 Old 05-29-2005, 8:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout
Yeah, I'm happy (as I've stated) with my Jardine st. core slip-on but I could have went either way, as the race isn't as loud as some).

On a side note, I remember reading in a sportbike(??) comparo last year that the Jardines actually have a higher db level when at or around idle than they do under load, which in my book is a plus (when riding past the chippies and such here in CA).
Yeah mine is loud at idle but seems to level out pretty fast when rolling into the throttle. The forecast here shows a chance of rain all week so I dont know when I'll get to wind it up and check the noise level.
post #7 of 15 Old 03-29-2006, 8:22 AM

I'm having a bad experience with Starcycle.

On Sunday I placed an internet order for a pair of gloves. After 4 days and 4 phone calls I still haven't received a confirmation of the order.

The funny part is their web site says they "welcome phone calls". Not at all the experience I've had. No way will I do business with them again.

I suspect I'm never going to see the gloves. I'll give them a few more days to come through and then I'll just look elsewhere.

If by some miracle I receive my order, I'll update this thread.
post #8 of 15 Old 03-30-2006, 9:16 PM

Starcycle finally emailed me today saying my order would ship directly from the manufacturer so there's hope.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-01-2006, 6:29 PM

Received my gloves today! In the end I guess I can recommend Starcycle as long as you only expect delivery of the goods without much added communication (receipts, shipping confirmations, etc...)
post #10 of 15 Old 04-14-2006, 9:08 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Spent thousands there and only have had good luck.
post #11 of 15 Old 04-14-2006, 11:11 PM

Reguardless how nice their web site is, starcycle is local to me, maybe 5 miles away. Its a small storefront in a strip mall out towards the industrial area. basicaly a hole in the wall. Basicaly run buy the owner and perhaps another person or two. Its basicaly a guy working out of his garage that got big enough to get a small shop. Even dealing with them in person (walking into the store) they can be a pain in the ass, forget to order stuff, never call when something I ordered came in, etc. Buyer be ware, evenif theiri prices are good, the service never is.
post #12 of 15 Old 04-14-2006, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dierk
Starcycle finally emailed me today saying my order would ship directly from the manufacturer so there's hope.
Thats part of the problem. The shop is tiny, ordering through them is basicaly having them pull open a Parts Unlimited catalog and them ordering the stuff for you. It will usualy be drop shipped.
post #13 of 15 Old 04-14-2006, 11:20 PM

Reputation Power: 25

Wow, still?? I used to work there. 20 years ago! They were totally incompetent then. Doesn't sound like they got any smarter in the last 2 decades.
post #14 of 15 Old 04-15-2006, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force Junkie
Thats part of the problem. The shop is tiny, ordering through them is basicaly having them pull open a Parts Unlimited catalog and them ordering the stuff for you. It will usualy be drop shipped.
Yep, as a matter of fact, my order was drop shipped. That didn't bother me but it hints that they don't stock much.

I'm still happy overall. I ordered from them because they were way cheaper than anywhere else and, in the end, I got exactly what I ordered.
post #15 of 15 Old 04-15-2006, 12:44 AM

I just took a visit through their site and wasn't impressed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page