WESTERN HONDA MAY YOU BURN IN HELL - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old 09-23-2005, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

WESTERN HONDA MAY YOU BURN IN HELL

This is long but happened over a 13 week period, sorry if it's long winded:

Western Honda in Arizona, I've been a loyal customer of theirs for over 8 years, everything from body work, parts, helmets, and other gear. Have posted on many sites recommending them; have gotten tons of friends and club members to use them. Always the best prices, fastest shipping, prompt service and great to deal with….until now.

July 4th of this year, I had my first crash on the track; mostly bodywork, but also some mechanical things (stator cover, levers, cables, etc.). Insurance covered in and I got a check by the 11th. On the 12th I called and, as normal, asked for Parts then with someone who did “Sport bikes”. (There main business is dirt/ATV, so a lot of the guys there don't know too much sport bike stuff). This dude Troy said, “I can help you” and we started. I gave him the full list of everything. He later faxed me the pricing list. It was a bit over my check so we haggled on some prices that I could get on e-bay and removed things I really didn't need and got down to the check price.

So I wait a week and the stuff starts to arrive. First off, I have a 1996 CBR 900RR. That year they only made two colors; RED and Black with the red and white jagged stripes which is the one I have. So I open the boxes and…..BRIGHT ASS RED BODYWORK! WRONG! Then I open the other stuff; I ordered the mirror stay (from the tank to the mirrors) but the sent the front main stay. I ordered a stator cover and gasket, not found in the boxes. Nuts and fasteners were missing or wrong. They sent a left side when I ordered a right side, etc. and to top it off, UPS broke the upper fairing into 4 parts. Everything had to go back, except the new helmet, the 2005 limited edition Nicky Hayden Wired; retails for $769, got it at cost for $499. Sweet, it's the new RX-7 model replacing the Quantum series, which I wear, which Troy said would fit the same. (Wrong, but that comes later).

So I immediately call and say it's all wrong. Troy is “freaking with guilt” so he acts. He immediately puts me on hold. He comes back saying that his manager said that with me spending so much money ($3400) and being such a loyal customer, that Troy needs to do what ever it takes to keep me happy. So Troy said he was requesting return tags be ordered immediately from UPS and that he would reorder all the stuff that day. He said it should take about 2-3 days from the order for UPS to come and get it all. Fine, I feel good and pack up everything and stack it at my front door. 2 days go by, 4 days go by, 6 days go by, still no UPS. I call back and “everyone that can help me including Troy have gone on vacation or are out”. Hmmm.

So I call on day 10, and talk to the shipper and find out he was never told to order return tags. (Mind you they have a 30% restock fee after 15 days even if it's their fault and if you don't tell them right away. I didn't know that until later, see helmet return story at the end). So I get Troy on the phone and give him **** and by the end of the week, UPS finally comes and gets it all. In the mean time, I'm asking where is the new stuff. I start calling just about every day, yeah, to some I might have become a pain in the ass but we're talking about $3000 worth of stuff plus another $550 out of pocket extras. Troy keeps telling me it's ordered, it's on the way, some stuff is in and we're waiting for the others to save on shipping, blah, blah, blah.

So, now it's been three weeks and still nothing. I'm starting to get pissed. I keep getting, “don't worry, we're going to take care of you bro, I'm going to throw in some extra stuff like spray polish, a free dark smoked screen for the helmet, etc.”

Now week 4. Still no stuff and I'm on this guy now. I've had to cancel one track day ($200) and now it's looking like another one will be canceled and you can't get that money back. He's now telling me that they've got just about everything in and they are waiting on a few small things. I tell him he's got 4 days then I want what they have over nighted to me on that sat. Mind you my bike is on stands and jacks with only a frame, engine and swing arm. I'm waiting on the triple clamps also. The whole time this has been going on, I call, he says he'll check in on it and call back in 30 min. Every time I have to call him back after 3 hours of waiting and no calls. So, the day comes and I find out that he's gone home with no call or tracking numbers. We're about to go on week 5. I talk to Zach. Zach is a good guy that came clean and said that Troy hasn't ordered anything because it's their policy to only reorder when returns have come into the store. I F'ING FREAK!!! I was never told that. He says that he's not surprised and this isn't the first time Troy has F'ed over a customer. I go nuts.

I call on Monday, Week 6 and talk to the Owner and lay into him. He seems like he wants to help, but doesn't seem to care, that kind of tone. He passes me off to the Parts Manager and this guy listens to me go off about his lying employee and says we'll nect time talk to Zach, Troy is a dirt bike rider and doesn't know much about sport bikes. WHAT!! I requested a sport bike guy help me week 1! He has no answer but that he'll help me and reorder. We get the order done but never do I get an apology from either Owner or manager.

So, week 7 I get my stuff…..HALF WRONG, HALF MISSING, HALF DAMAGED! UPS damaged the tank at the tabs where you bolt it to the frame, they are bent 90 degrees and chipped to the bare metal. I'm sent a dirt bike seat?!?!?!?! an upper stay for a 92-94 CBR, and missing half the other stuff. Come to find out there where things on back order they didn't tell me, but according the day before, “everything has gone out”. I call and flip out. Once again, I must wait for UPS to pick it up before they reorder. I call the owner and wig. My friends are now telling me to send it all back and get my money. I give them one more chance.

Week 8. The rest comes except one piece on back order. Fine. I put the bike back together and ride for the first time Monday, week 9.

That brings us to the $500 helmet. I realize it doesn't fit once on the bike. (A brief note: I'm about 285 lbs, 5-11 and have been going the gym for 16 years. They call me shampoo because I'm all head and shoulders i.e. no neck) so when I put a helmet on while standing, no problem it fits, but when I'm on a bike leaned forward and over the tank and then have to look up, the back of the helmet pushes right into my traps and delts. I then realize the RX-7 DOESN'T NOT FIT LIKE THE QUANTUM TROY!! and it is pushing on the top back and top front of my head and it hurts. I wear it once to work and back home and then try to find a way to make it fit. I call Arai and ask if I can switch out pads, etc. They say it's no good because the inner shell is a bit different that the Quantum. So I call Western Honda on week 11 to return it. They, Jack the parts manager, says to just box it up and send it back, so I did.

About a week later (Week 12-13) I see the credit on my card for $350!?!?!?! So I call and talk to Jack the parts manager and get the, “well there's a 30% restock fee.” I say I was never told that. He said it states it at the bottom of my invoice. I say the original invoice was sent back 13 weeks ago (as requested) with the first set of damaged and wrong orders. He says that that's my fault for not making a copy or reading it. I then say, well how about cutting me a break or can we compromise. He tells me he's given me break after break after break with regards to taking care of me and giving me the prices most wouldn't get on things. I say well thanks but that's your decision not mine plus after all that with Troy and lying and wrong parts, why not make me happy. He says that stuff is a separate issue from the helmet. Then he starts getting mad because now he's stuck with it (even though they should be able to sell it by the end of the month and get more for it than I paid, plus my additional $150 they kept. He then says that he had told Troy never to order it for me in first place, that they don't like doing helmets mail order. Well guess what, their adds and “on hold phone” ad says that that's one of the things they specialize in, helmet sales in store and mail order. So more or less, I could have kept it and sold it on eBay for more but saved any one of you like $150-$200 on it.

So now, I'm pissed, he's pissed and more or less it's conveyed to me that they don't want any more of my business. I was just about to basically tell this guy and his store to go F them selves but decided to just hang up.

So, in a nutshell, they don't care. The management never took responsibility for their employee and didn't work hard enough to take care of me and even over charged my buddy at the same time. He was given a price over the phone and the credit card statement had an additional $25 on it.

Stay away from these guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 09-23-2005, 11:12 AM

Reputation Power: 50

Re: WESTERN HONDA MAY YOU BURN IN HELL

Holy crap man, what a fiasco! So is everything straight with your bike now?
post #3 of 30 Old 09-23-2005, 11:13 AM

Reputation Power: 23

I don't trust anyone to look up parts - period. It's way too easy to get color codes wrong, or not get the right part at all. There are plenty of places that have online fische, just look it up yourself. I know it won't help with your parts now, after the fact, but next time be prepared. I haven't found a parts guy yet who knows more about the parts I need than myself. Check out the following places, I've had excellent luck with ronayers.com and Service Honda:

www.ronayers.com

www.servicehonda.com

www.powersportspro.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 09-23-2005, 11:15 AM

Reputation Power: 43

Send a message via MSN to phobiaphobe

Holy **** that's long. I promise I'll read it later.

And then there's this asshole...
post #5 of 30 Old 09-23-2005, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

I got everything now but it's just such a pain.

As for looking up the codes, that's just it, the fische only has codes but doesn't say which color is which code.

Plus, there were only two colors that year: RED and BLACK. How hard is that?
post #6 of 30 Old 09-23-2005, 11:37 AM

Check under your seat, there should be a color label somewhere. Your owners manual will also show where it's located. The fische even has a page that tells you what color code = what parts.

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/200_03...cbr900rr96.cfm

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/200_03...60&parent=5320

Yours should have a color code of either P-158P "Pure Red" or NH-1 "Black". Make sure to CHECK YOUR BIKE for codes, because that only the primary color. If the bike is red/black, it could be either one if the black NH-1 code has red accents. They also list a purple color code for that year.
post #7 of 30 Old 09-23-2005, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evl_twn
Check under your seat, there should be a color label somewhere. Your owners manual will also show where it's located. The fische even has a page that tells you what color code = what parts.

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/200_03...cbr900rr96.cfm

Yours should have a color code of either P-158P "Pure Red" or NH-1 "Black". Make sure to CHECK YOUR BIKE for codes, because that only the primary color. If the bike is red/black, it could be either one if the black NH-1 code has red accents. They also list a purple color code for that year.
Negative, I have a salvaged sub frame so the code is for the Red bike. Mine in NH-1A and the RED bike is NH-1.

Also, the Purple bike was in 1997 not 1996.

There are three codes for 1997.

Either way, I sent them a photo of my bike via e-mail to make sure they knew what it looked like.
post #8 of 30 Old 09-23-2005, 11:49 AM

They might have their fische pages crossed up then? Who knows. You can also sometimes determine what code you need to order by looking at the "stripe" sections of the fische.

Just trying to help......
post #9 of 30 Old 09-23-2005, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evl_twn
They might have their fische pages crossed up then? Who knows. You can also sometimes determine what code you need to order by looking at the "stripe" sections of the fische.

Just trying to help......

Thanks, but they don't didn't have any diagrams for the stiping on the bikes. The images are just outlines of the parts.

thanks though.

I still hate those fing bastards.
post #10 of 30 Old 09-23-2005, 12:21 PM

Sorry to hear about your problem. I bought my ST1300 from them and got a really good deal. Their parts department is a little lacking.

I personally by all my OEM parts from Ron Ayers or Honda Direct.
post #11 of 30 Old 09-23-2005, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9inAZ
Sorry to hear about your problem. I bought my ST1300 from them and got a really good deal. Their parts department is a little lacking.

I personally by all my OEM parts from Ron Ayers or Honda Direct.

Like I said, 8 years dealing with them an no problems until now.
post #12 of 30 Old 09-24-2005, 12:51 AM

I have had problems with Western Honda also. Some orders were fine and others were really screwed up. I finally had it with them and have used Service Honda ever since with no problems. Western Honda seemed to be inconsistent and they had a high employee turn over while I did business with them.
post #13 of 30 Old 09-24-2005, 11:37 AM

Hey bud, I truly feel your pain. I don't often complain, but I really got screwed over by an independent shop out of Orange County after my crash. 8 weeks and $5000 later, I received $2000 worth of parts and maybe $600 of shitty labor.

I chalk it up to experience.

Thank god for the opening of a "local" independant shop who really takes care of the riders around here (Lusaaks in Bakersfield). I will not bring my CBR to the local Honda dealer after a fiasco with general maintenance on my Suzuki Bandit (stealership carries both brands).

A lot of us go through this until we find someone trustworthy, or just decide to do it ourselves. In my case, and maybe yours, the insurance would not cut me a check. I could have done everything myself, but ins. stated it had to be made out to both myself AND the shop. Insurance sited they have to keep the lien holders interest in MY vehicle in mind. I've since changed insurance carriers.
post #14 of 30 Old 09-24-2005, 11:38 PM

At 285lbs, don't you think you'd get better service if you were standing in front of the salesman? I don't trust my local Honda stealer to get anything right here either. I had my 12k mi service done and after a couple of days of riding, I noticed they left 2 fairing bolts out and those little plastic fairing couplers on the bottom of the bike that connect the left and right fairings. Over the phone, it was my fault for not checking out my bike better when I picked it up. Looming over the salesman however, they graciously provided me with the pieces they lost.

I do everything in person there now. It's much easier on my adrenal glands.
post #15 of 30 Old 09-24-2005, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus
I do everything in person there now. It's much easier on my adrenal glands.
I don't have that option, at 5' 6" and 140 lbs. But more power to you big guys!! And phuck all of those shops that would rip us off!! Just amazing how many places haven't heard of "customer service"...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page