I got Lied to, Ripped Off, and dont want you to be - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 7:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

I got Lied to, Ripped Off, and dont want you to be

Hi,

I wanted to relate the story of my dealings with Oren B Silvers.
His address:
Oren B. Silvers INC.
*** ***** Street
Lindenhurst, NY. 11757
[email protected]*********.com
[email protected]*******.com
(971)-570-****
The *** is because he has threatened legal action against me for telling the truth

I placed an ad on 3 different boards looking for Orange Repsol rims for my 2007 CBR 1000RR. Oren was the first to respond and offered me his CZ rims that were color matched the best they could but damaged on the edges. I passed but asked him if he had his stock rims. His reply was that he did and they were in perfect condition, wrapped up for protection sitting in his garage. He said he drove home from the dealership 3 miles and removed them. He many times said he really did not want to sell them but would take no less than $600 shipped since they were flawless. I told him I would think about it. I then had another guy with a set with track tires on them offer me his for $400 plus shipping. His had some dings and scratches, so I decided to get the 3-mile ones that were perfect for the extra $200. I e-mailed Oren, and asked him if he would go $500, he said no, so I decided to go ahead with it. I paypaled him $617 (I paid fees) and then got an e-mail that the tires were not included. I looked back and he was right he never said rims and tires, I just made an assumption. So he refunded me my $617.

A week later I was pondering my options about tires and rims and Oren e-mailed that he had other parties local interested but wanted to give me first shot (why he did not sell them local and make more $ as no $67 shipping I do not know). I borrowed some from a roommate and bit the bullet and decided the perfect 3-mile rims were the best option. So I paypaled the money. He said they would go out the next day. Well Next Day turned into Tuesday until I got an e-mail that he was waiting on a special rim box to better protect them. I offered up some ideas of wrapping them with shrinkwrap/saranwrap, then a layer of padding, then more wrap. Kind of like a cocoon. I did not want them getting dinged up at all. Well he e-mailed wed that he hand polished them up and got them packaged and shipped USPS. I received them Friday after going to the post office since he did not put my address on the box correctly. No worries I got them, as the excitement built the rest of the day.

After work I took them home and in front of my roommate opened the box on the kitchen hardwood floor (you can see it in the pictures I took background). I pulled one wrapped rim out and opened it. :cussing: The rims had chips on the edges. I started looking them over and found chips on the inside (showing) surface, some scratches where it looks like different wheel weights were attached (side note my bike had none from the factory??). I then opened the other rim and same thing. WTF were all the dings and chips about? I looked further and found a deep gouge on the inside (non showing surface) in line with chips on the edge. My theory is he used screwdrivers, pry bars, or metal tire spoons, etc to remove the tires himself and chipped the holy living **** out of them.

So I immediately e-mailed him and we have been in an e-mail “battle” back and forth. I told him to refund at least $100 or better yet let me ship them back since “he did not really want to sell them anyway” and get a refund. He will have none of it, and insists the rims were perfect when he boxed them up. I have taken photos of the rims, chips, dings, etc and sent them to him. His reply is that I rolled them around on the ground and chipped up the edges. He said nothing about the dings and chips inside the showing surface of the rim. He now says I am trying to scam him, and pull some crap to get money back from him.

I am not concerned with the non visible stuff when a tire is mounted, but all the visible damage. I have tried to reason with him. I mean why would I spend $200 or so more money to get flawless rims, just so I could receive them, and then ding them up, then try and fight with him and convince him to give me money back??? No one would do this. If I didn’t care about chips I would have bought the $400 ones or another set ( I have 3-4 people that have offered me sets to this point now for less money and most have tires on them). Then I would have saved money. Its does not make any sense that I would intentionally bash them up hoping (no guarantees) to get money back?

I originally offered him to partially refund a portion like $100 or let me return the rims for a full refund “since he really did not want to sell them anyway”. He says No, and has threatened me with a law suite. What a tool. Over some small crap like this. At this point all I want is a refund. I should have gotten pictures but since he said he was a big time racer and bike Builder in NY and they had 3 miles on them I trusted him. MY BAD. I have all the e-mails from him and me to prove everything, pictures of the rims the day I got them from the box, and I have witnesses that watched me open the box and inspect the rims. Anyway in his e-mails he has several conflicting parts and it catches him lying on more than one occasion.

I can’t believe some douchwaffel would do this to a fellow forum member. It’s sad really that these types of people exist. He has said he will sue me, and if I don’t show up he will get a federal warrant for my arrest to make me come to New York and defend myself. Then put liens against me. What a tool, the federal judicial system does not even handle small claims and tort cases. This guy has no clue…

Anyway you are now informed of my experience from my point and can draw your own conclusions. The above is a truthful recount of what took place. It’s my experience with Oren, nothing more, nothing less. I have nothing to gain from this, but don’t want any other forum members to get taken like I did.

Oren if you read this, please provide your side of the story. I welcome your take on this, not that if will differ from what you say to me in private e-mails. Only so that people can have both sides.
Attached Thumbnails
repsol rim damage 00.jpg‎   repsol rim damage 01.jpg‎   repsol rim damage 02.jpg‎   repsol rim damage 03.jpg‎  

repsol rim damage 04.jpg‎   repsol rim damage 05.jpg‎   repsol rim damage 06.jpg‎   repsol rim damage 07.jpg‎  

repsol rim damage 08.jpg‎   repsol rim damage 09.jpg‎   repsol rim damage 10.jpg‎   repsol rim damage 11.jpg‎  

Last edited by The Fleckster; 10-21-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 8:03 PM

Reputation Power: 12

Re: I got Lied to, Ripped Off, and dont want you to be

Not good.
You hear of a lot of good things being bought over the internet.
But there are just to many stories like this for me to chance it.
Buy from a dealers or a wrecker.You might pay a bit more but at least you get to check what you are getting.
post #3 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 8:48 PM

Reputation Power: 17

That sucks, I hate when people do this crap. Take him to court, you have the emails as evidence. See where it goes.

I have been lucky buying parts from guys on the forum, E-Bay, or other forums. I bought a Penske shock off a guy from this website and I cannot say how happy I am with that shock. I also bought a set of 1000RR forks off a guy on Ebay and they were in excellent condition like he said they were, good price to.

Good luck....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 9:06 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

don't be afraid of him suing you. he has no grounds to stand on. he has your money and you have the rims. he's got nothing he can sue you about.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #5 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 9:27 PM

Reputation Power: 40

sue you.........hmmmm ... for what??? he is a dirty dog, most of the times in these situations, im with you fleck, i rely on trust, thats what its all about in these situations. we know now who not to trust.............. cbr400rr is a great example of trust, the man sent me 1 rear wheel, and never bitched about not having the right rim box........best of luck fleck.......rott in hell oren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"So they've got us surrounded, good! Those b*****ds won't get away this time!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC
post #6 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 9:30 PM

Reputation Power: 290

Send a message via MSN to setanta

keep at him until you get some recompensation

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #7 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 9:34 PM

yeah!!! almost like it happened to me, i feel you fleck!!!

word will get out on this dirty rat and someone will.... ..

its just not kool there oren

CHESTY PULLER, USMC
post #8 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark954 View Post
if you bought thru paypal you can dispute the charges via paypal. they will make you send everything back but once it gets there you get your refund. If you cant get a refund thru paypal I would definatley file small claims charges agaist him and be sure to include all the paperwork any travel expenses everything you do basically to get your money back. Sounds like a real internet tough guy to me.

good one sharky!!!

CHESTY PULLER, USMC
post #9 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 9:37 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

what's his name on here?

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #10 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivas View Post
good one sharky!!!
A lot of this crap goes on, people just think because it not a huge amount or a "big" lie they will get away with it..........terrible

Got to say it though I would have demanded loads of close up pics first

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #11 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
what's his name on here?
Good point Shame the scoundrel

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #12 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 9:42 PM

yeah........

CHESTY PULLER, USMC
post #13 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 9:44 PM

what that monkey's name.......... no banana for him.....

CHESTY PULLER, USMC
post #14 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivas View Post
what that monkey's name.......... no banana for him.....
Bananas dont you get me started on bananas or forby that monkeys and even worse bloody cowboys, ops see you had me almost started.

Sorry back to thread, you have to name him itll make him voice his own side of the story at least

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #15 of 51 Old 10-21-2009, 9:58 PM

i just noticed on the address fleck posted, its has "Inc" after his name.......i cant imagine how he runs a business, dirty rat!!!

CHESTY PULLER, USMC

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page