Sent Chasesdaddy my gas tank for repair... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 11-07-2009, 5:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

Send a message via Yahoo to Ryan_C
Sent Chasesdaddy my gas tank for repair...

I am not really sure on how to approach this post, but this post is definitely worthy of posting.

I sent Chris, Chasesdaddy01, my gas tank back in August to have the left side dent removed and refinished. He said is body/painter is really good and convinced me to send him my tank. With his suggestions on double or triple bagging my gas tank after removing and airing out with a fan, I sent it to him. He promised X amount of days until I received it back totally fixed and looking good. It seemed like it should have been shipped out on a Wednesday and with Priority shipping, I should have had it by Saturday without incident (PA to IN).

That didn't happen because something came up and it didn't ship out until Monday. I wasn't totally pissed because it was raining here. But believe me, I would have been pissed if it was Sunny and a high of 90-95.

Before I sent him my tank, I sent him pics of my bike and damage to gas tank. He noticed I was missing the decals that go on the Upper Fairing and offered his services of his vinyl guy saying that he pays a fee per year that upwards of $500 or more and has every available vinyl decal that would ever need to be re-cut available.

With this said, I asked if that Upper Fairing decal could be reproduced. He asked that I just pay an extra $10 on top of what I was already paying for the reconditioning of the gas tank.

In the pictures is what I received 2 months later. It took over 2 months because he continued to tell me he repeatedly sent out my decals, but never used Delivery Confirmation. Says the old lady at his post office is the one to blame. Somehow I think the USPS standards are slightly higher than that from any dealings I have ever ever experienced in the small city of Fort Wayne. I think the extra $10 was not even close to what I expected for over 2 months. I even told him I have my own vinyl guy, and I actually do, that was willing to figure out what the actual shape is of the piece that I needed for both sides of the upper fairing. I agreed to this addition item, because he said it would be no problem at all.

From the pictures, I would hope most would agree with me saying that what I got versus what I was expecting is no where near the expected outcome.

I would have never made this post, but after seeing all the "chasesdaddy01 is a scammer" threads, it leads one to believe that he might not have all his priorities in the same basket. I wish the best for Chris, but just use some judgement before sending him a bunch of money. Luckily I was only out $10 for the decal set that he supposedly was going to have re-created.

I could have just ordered from Honda and paid nearly $15/side for each decal and it would have been perfect or else me and my buddy would have messed with this on his vector program and cut something fairly close to what was supposed to have been re-created.

And as for the CBR decals, those aren't even close to what the original decal's thickness and size are. I guess they would be close if the CBR was being completely replaced and the decals weren't present, but when set up next to each other, they aren't even close.

And without further adue... the pictures that everyone wants to see...

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2011/cimg3891.jpg
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2039/cimg3888.jpg

Last edited by Ryan_C; 11-07-2009 at 5:46 AM. Reason: Don't ask me why there are finger impressions in the piece of red vinyl that resembles a close rectangle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-07-2009, 5:52 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via Yahoo to sscottab
Re: Sent Chasesdaddy my gas tank for repair...

how did he do on the tank repair.

when you are on a honda you are on the best
2002 CBR954RR
scott
www.itriderz.com
post #3 of 9 Old 11-07-2009, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

The repair was good for the money. I would say though, it could have been better. Took out the dent on the left side of the tank by using some sort of body filler. The dent was right where the small grey Honda wing and Honda letter. Just by noticing the lines left from the previous decal, they did not match in size. The other smaller nicks and such were overlooked as well. I think if it was just given a small sanding where the nicks were, you wouldn't notice them.

Over all, I am happy for the price, but in no way would I have been happy if I spent more than $100. Although, my total with shipping (to and back) and the price for the above decals did run over $100, more like $144 total.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-07-2009, 8:46 PM

Reputation Power: 16

yeah the decals could be better for sure, don't know if this was worthy of calling him out though
post #5 of 9 Old 11-07-2009, 9:24 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_C View Post
The repair was good for the money. I would say though, it could have been better. Took out the dent on the left side of the tank by using some sort of body filler. The dent was right where the small grey Honda wing and Honda letter. Just by noticing the lines left from the previous decal, they did not match in size. The other smaller nicks and such were overlooked as well. I think if it was just given a small sanding where the nicks were, you wouldn't notice them.

Over all, I am happy for the price, but in no way would I have been happy if I spent more than $100. Although, my total with shipping (to and back) and the price for the above decals did run over $100, more like $144 total.
You told me in the PM after you got the tank that it was AWESOME and you were very pleased..could have PM'ed or called me if you werent happy about the stickers..I would have given you ten bucks back for christ sake...you sent me a tank that was banged up to hell and it looked damn good when you got it...all for 144.00 bucks...come on, you people really need to get a grip...PLEASE ONE PERSON POST UP AND SAY I RIPPED THEM OFF...JUST ONE???? WHERE ARE YOU? Thats right NOONE..Ryan, maybe what you just did was start a thread to hinder people from selling to you. Dont even know why I'm taking the time to post to this thread...been here for a long time with no issues and one jerk starts mayhem and misery loves company, so now your following suit...take care Ryan and good luck.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-07-2009, 9:42 PM

Also just checked my old PM's..Sent him a fan for his bike, then he started by asking if I had a red/blk 954 tank laying around because his was so bad that his paint shop told him it couldnt be fixed and to just get a new one(just a guage as to how bad the tank was)....his total bill to me was 122.00 shipped and it did go out when promised with tracking info..I have it in my PM's but not smart enough to post them here. The BEST PART that he left out...which they always do...I shipped it, he got it, had it for days...then I got paid for it. You read right...to get it to him faster, I shipped first BEFORE payment...it took me ALONG time to get him on the phone to get CC info for payment. I did the repair and shipped at my cost to help him out...made NOTHING!!! And now says it was ok? Ryan please post up before and after pics of you "OK" tank. I think this post is thread is COMPLETE bullshit. So yeah BEWARE of me...cause this guy really got screwed didnt he? again total bullshit thread..Ryan PM your paypal again so I can give you 10 bucks back and I'll ship out some tissues.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-07-2009, 11:20 PM

Holy [email protected]!t....This is ridiculous…normally I save my opinions for serious threads or for individuals that need help/advice. Ryan C…..why would you go and post up something like this for 10 DOLLARS!!!!????? MY GOD…..I think chasesdaddy is being persecuted on this forum for no reason….Ryan…you should have gone to him directly instead of posting up a negative thread for some friggin decals……ok enough from me it’s late and I’ve already had a six pack….Chase bro I’m on your side!!!!!
post #8 of 9 Old 11-08-2009, 4:54 AM Thread Starter

First off, this post wasn't for the $10 I am out. It really was for the 1.5 months I waited for the decals that I was promised.

Really I don't give 2 shits, but with the way I sat back and watched the way business was ran, and I even stood behind you Chris, I still see what some of these individuals are talking about. Its almost like there's to much on your plate and you need to take it one step at a time. Never did I bash you about the work that was done on the gas tank. The only thing I think I really had a problem with was having to keep in contact with you about shipping out decals that you promised me that your vinyl guy would completely replicate. Like I said, I have my own vinyl guy that would have completed this task a month ago, if not longer.

This post was really just to show what is promised, isn't always what you get.

I also didn't start noticing the areas on the tank that were never sanded before painting until after I reinstalled the tank. When we were determining whether or not the tank was fixable, you were the one that said my tank was near perfect compared to other tanks that had something wrong with them. And, yes, you did ship back to me without payment up front. But I also was not one to dodge phone calls to avoid paying you. You talked to me the day when I made payment and said you were calling because you had my decals in front of you. That was back in August, if I recall correctly(my birthday is near the end of August and thats why I had a little extra cash to spend). Why did it take this long to get what I got?

I understand you run a business, and a busy one at that. But when you blame things on others that you have the entire control over (i.e. packing peanuts melted to the inside of the gas tank from not wrapping it in plastic, and the old lady at the usps office losing the decals 2 times), its easy to see right through the bullshit.

I am glad I did come into contact with you about getting my tank fixed, there's just some bs that comes with it. I wish things could have been smoother, and I wish the best for you. This post is just my opinion and just that. There's no need to BS about things I am not denying. If you would really want to refund my $10, your PM box will have my paypal address in it.

And I will restate my initial claim, the decals you promised, are no where near acceptable for someone that pays a annual fee to have all the manufacturer's decals at his/her's disposal to reproduce.

EDIT: I just checked the date the box says it was shipped on, August 17, 2009. That's a Monday. I was expecting to receive it by the latest of that date. But like I said, the weather here wasn't great, so I just brushed that off. I would also bet that my payment wasn't received until September, but like I said, I wasn't dodging phone calls or anything. Payment was taken care of ASAP.

Last edited by Ryan_C; 11-08-2009 at 5:07 AM. Reason: Checked the date shipped
post #9 of 9 Old 11-08-2009, 8:20 AM

my thing was that this thread was unwarranted and total bullshit...it was stickers dude and you jumped on the baby train to complain about something
when I helped you out...you sent me pics of the bike after the tank was installed and said you were happy, now its nov and your not? you will see your ten bucks in your paypal...next time go buy a new tank. The part was shipped when promised..look at your PM's when I sent you tracking. If it doesnt show on sat it comes monday like it did...rain or not..I cant help for that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page